• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Caution!!! Oil line kink..

M
Dec 5, 2010
Just to let everybody know that there has been several engines seized because of oil line kinking. Might be worth checking into. Need to inspect oil line from tank to pump, also need to remove hood to do this.

M
Dec 5, 2010
Checked mine today...looks like the problem spot could be where the line coming from the oil tank goes to the inlet of the oil pump. The inlet of the oil pump points toward the bottom, so the oil line has to make a 180 degree turn. Mine makes a smooth arc just before it enters the pump. As someone else mentioned, it is easiest to view looking thru the 2 clutches near the bottom. You'll also see one of the clear lines from the oil pump outlet also.

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
I zip tied mine to hopefully eliminate that problem as well as the oil line rubbing a hole in it against the bulkhead

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
Last edited:

Klutch

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Not sure this applies to the rmk. My oil pump fitting has a 90 degree on it and everything looks fine, but like snopro ac said the oil line does rub on the bulkhead and I zip tied mine too, to prevent a hole.

O
May 2, 2008
oil line possible problem

yes the oil line coming out of oil pump rubs against bulk head could be a problem i glued a piece of inertube on bulkhead just in case cheap fix

F

FatBoyzfrenchy

Nov 26, 2007
I had a good look at mine yesterday and found that the bulkhead piece is actually milled for the rear engine mount and the edge the oil line rubs on is quite sharp and is definitely a possible failure point once this edge has chewed through the loom and then the oil line.
I just don't like leaving stuff like that to chance so here's what I did.
A couple tie wraps around the torque stop and the oil line just to pull the oil line off the bulkhead. A bit of a PITA because you have to take the secondary off to get access to the oil line.

PC240186 - Copy.JPG PC240187 - Copy.JPG PC240189 - Copy.JPG PC240190 - Copy.JPG

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
The loom on my oil line is also rubbing on the bulkhead. Everyone NEEDS to check this. It's gonna be real hard to get a zip tie looped over that line, even with the sec off, but it needs to be done.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Getting the zip over is easy - use two, zip one on the other. You have a 90 degree bend instantly. Fish it around the line and it will point back at you. Or use a flex piece grabber, one with the push button claw. Secondary is off, of course. The zip will also float on the torque stop, unless you use another zip to zip it tight. FWIW.

B
Dec 3, 2007
Rogers, MN
It can be done pretty easily with the secondary still on, using the double zip tie method. After removing the side panels and hood, have someone on the pipe side feed the double ziptie back towards you and you can get the two ends with your fingers or a needle-nose. Then just *lightly* snug up the tension - just enough to pull it away from the bulkhead. You don't want to apply enough pressure to kink the hose.

Rob

Premium Features