• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Experience with new Pro

R
Apr 13, 2009
Got my new Pro Ride and it great so far. Havent been able to ride in any descent snow yet but have observed the following:

1)Gets hot on the trail very easy, scratchers are a must
2)Oil use very low, probably due to fuel/oil mixture in first gas tank
3)Engine vibration at low RPM
4)Ratcheting or bumping feel when applying the brake or decelerationg

So far very happy, glad to be reading threads of other people are extremely enthusiastic about the maching. Anybody experience similar things that I do?

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Got my new Pro Ride and it great so far. Havent been able to ride in any descent snow yet but have observed the following:

1)Gets hot on the trail very easy, scratchers are a must
2)Oil use very low, probably due to fuel/oil mixture in first gas tank
3)Engine vibration at low RPM
4)Ratcheting or bumping feel when applying the brake or decelerationg

So far very happy, glad to be reading threads of other people are extremely enthusiastic about the maching. Anybody experience similar things that I do?

yep scratchers are a must unless you are in powder.....
oil use is very low, thats normal..about 1/2 to 3/4 qt per tank...
vibration right at idle is due to the stiffer chassis according to polaris
and tighten your track to spec..the single ply 5.1 stretches alot in the first 500 miles...and yours sounds loose...

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
I've found under hard braking, with traction, the track is likely to ratchet, but sometimes not when climbing. Tighten it alittle more. Pretty much normal for the last several years of IQ's also. My pro vibrates alot at idle too, smooths out just off idle. Glad to know they are all the same. Polaris's have needed sctatchers down for years. The edge chassis often required them.

Premium Features