• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 hard to start

Proride_58640

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2013
Brp tech called today and said bring my sled in for a reflash to the ecu due to not starting after hot at elevation never had issues but heck still under warranty might as well get it reflashed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
I got the latest "altitude software" and no change in my sled....worst starting sled I have had, and I have had a 2013, 2014, 2015 all electric starts...when hot this girl will never start on the first push of the button....I even tried it where I hold it down and continue to crank....wont fire. let off and try again and it usually starts or on the 3rd try for sure....WTF!!

.................. It's your Canadian gas. :D :D Jod's starts fine,

Last edited:
T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
skidoo wants my sled back to do more tests on the fuel pressure....anyone had any success with this new "altitude" software at all??

for what its worth, I took my sled in to the reflash done yesterday, will ride it this weekend. They said they had 4 customers not including me come in and get the reflash done. 2 of which have already rode the sled after, and both said it fixed the problem. I hope its true.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I got the latest "altitude software" and no change in my sled....worst starting sled I have had, and I have had a 2013, 2014, 2015 all electric starts...when hot this girl will never start on the first push of the button....I even tried it where I hold it down and continue to crank....wont fire. let off and try again and it usually starts or on the 3rd try for sure....WTF!!

Take it back to your dealer, have them perform a test in your pressure regulator. I had the flash done yesterday, but while there they also checked the regulator, found it was leaking off pressure big time. Got it replaced.

Turns out I had a double whammy, bad programming and a bad regulator....
Should be good now I hope

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I got out with mine as well. Started lots better

Made out today as well. But still a issue with starting. Starts great in the first 1-2 min after a shut down, where as before was a problem.

The issue is and was after 10-15 min of being off. Pull the rope 3-6 times before it will start.

BRP/Skidoo needs to go back to the drawing board for another flash I think.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Got the reflash done to my sled, rode saturday and a bit sunday. Started first pull ever time. Worked for me!

How about a 10-15 min cool down time? Such as stopping for a snack or to help a buddy get unstuck. As that is where mine is still showing issues.

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
so far so good. Literally started first pull every time since getting the reflash done...

Riding again tommorow, so will see if its still as good as it has been.

garciava

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
western colorado
rode again today above 10000'. no issues no mater if I let it sit a bit or stopped after a hard pull in the deep snow and restarted right a way. both sleds started first pull. very few times did it take a second pull to start

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Well there saying my sled is getting a new fuel pump as one of the check valves is leaking down causing the hard starts....will see as over the holidays plan on riding lots.

Let us know please as I may still have issues in that area as well. They did replace a regulator but....

Premium Features