• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GGB Cans

B
Feb 19, 2008
Summit co.CO
http://www.dampney.com/Home.aspx
http://www.dampney.com/Portals/1/PropertyAgent/456/Files/24/270.pdf

It's a pretty tough finish and will go years in some applications.. others need a repaint in the off season.

Graham

Thanks for the reply.
You have a good looking product. I am considering the GGB over the HPS but I'm wondering if the extra $85 for the ceramic coating on the HPS might be a worthy investment. I have rarely seen "painted" exhaust components hold up on a snowmobile. Is ceramic coating an option?
Question, for the people with the GGB. How is the finish holding up after 1 or two seasons?
Thanks.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Finally got some time to post here after a great weekend riding. And testing :face-icon-small-hap

Both the Mountain and Trail version of the GGB cans for the SkiDoo XM performed as promised: light weight, no engine codes set, and rideability identical to stock.

The Mountain version is slightly louder but still very acceptable and sounds really good, not "tinny" or "rattly" like some of the other brands previously tested.

The Trail version was a pleasant surprise for me, it has a deeper throaty sound (compared to stock) but is easily the quietest aftermarket can I have tried and still substantially smaller and lighter than stock. For anyone looking to lose some weight and free up some space to make room for a muffpot this model is a sure winner.

Looking forward to getting both of these on the dyno as soon as possible. As far as seat of the pants goes, they seem to be at least on par with the stock silencer, and rideability was same as stock, something that we all know isn't an easy thing to accomplish.

trenchking

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
You test them on your sled Marcel? Got a guy wants to try one on a xp carbed, mountain or trail, recommendation?

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
You test them on your sled Marcel? Got a guy wants to try one on a xp carbed, mountain or trail, recommendation?

I had the Trail version on my sled, the Mountain version on the other sled.

I would honestly recommend either one; if you are after lighter weight or a more assertive sound go with the Mountain model. If you enjoy the quietness of the stock exhaust but want more room and/or less weight then the Trail version is the way to go.

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
well. I have a GGB trail can coming! Honestly the price is a big selling point for me.
Ill report back once I get some miles on it!

I agree. Price point is a huge selling feature. IMHO cans are getting overpriced. Nice to see someone offering a good quality can for a reasonable price.

Akray

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2014
Alaska
The GGB cans are high quality. Fit great, tested and proven. Price is deffinatly nice and affordable also.

Anyone can pm me for any time for more details, or hit up some of the threads steelman has posted with lots of info.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
What elevation did you test those cans at? Did you have to make any clicker adjustment?

We were riding from 5500 to 7K, didn't have to make any clutch adjustments.... And more importantly ZERO rideability issues. No bogs, pops, etc etc.

I am looking forward to seeing some numbers on the dyno compared to the stock exhaust.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
that ggb can looks nice....with out the cermanic coating, i wonder how hot it gets under there.

I was wondering about that too. I hadn't seen anything using this coating before, but it seems to be very effective. Almost too effective, as we had a muff pot strapped to the side of the mountain can and it took forever to heat up our lunch! Lol.

Will have to relocate the muffpot to the end of the pipe/can inlet to get more heat. But I guess that's a good problem to have.... :)

Another thought on the coating; I had a ceramic coated SLP can a couple years back that was looking far from perfect after a year of riding. My hunch is that this stuff will hold up just fine.

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Thanks for the reply.
You have a good looking product. I am considering the GGB over the HPS but I'm wondering if the extra $85 for the ceramic coating on the HPS might be a worthy investment. I have rarely seen "painted" exhaust components hold up on a snowmobile. Is ceramic coating an option?
Question, for the people with the GGB. How is the finish holding up after 1 or two seasons?
Thanks.

We have been using both the GGB Mountain and trail cans for the past two seasons, they are both holding up great and still look the same as they did on the first day, the fit is great and the one thing I like the best is that it dose not push the pipe up against the over structure on the Polaris Pro like some of the others do. IMO the best bang for the buck out their! As far as heat goes, Not an issue, considerably cooler then stock I still have trouble
getting my muffpot hot enough.

Last edited:

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
i have always been an slp fan.....

http://slp.cc/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=4&catID=120&productID=1536 $299.95 isn't a bad price either...

that ggb can looks nice....with out the cermanic coating, i wonder how hot it gets under there.

ggb can: 285 from go big parts...
slp can: 299.95 from slp
hps can: 369.95

http://www.hpsusa.net/e-tec-xm-800-p-50/

When ordering from our site we put all the information on one page for ordering to keep it simple so you don't have to click through so many items to find the one you want. Well I had the trail can at the top of the pull down menu and that is why the price was $285. When you pull down to the mountain version the price changes to $255. You also have to select the proper ski-doo model from the pul down. We now have changed the pull down menu so the Mountian can is the defualt then you have to select the Trail version if that is what you want.

http://www.gobigparts.com/GGB-Exhaust-Cans-Ski-doo.html

R
Oct 10, 2014
Been looking for a can for my new Freeride and after reading the reviews, just ordered the "mountain" can. Reviews sounded awesome and just glad its not throwing codes or any of the annoying low-mid range bogs. Cant wait to get it and try it out. Im assuming the install is simple?

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Been looking for a can for my new Freeride and after reading the reviews, just ordered the "mountain" can. Reviews sounded awesome and just glad its not throwing codes or any of the annoying low-mid range bogs. Cant wait to get it and try it out. Im assuming the install is simple?

Hi,
Thanks for the business. Install is simple and if you have any questions, let us know and we would be glad to help you.

Premium Features