• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1100 vs M9000 nose dive

C
Aug 6, 2016
Cedaredge,co
Have a M1100, those that own one are familiar with the nose diving and feels like a engine brake when ya let outta the throttle.

Does the M9000 with the new Yamaha 3 cylinder do the same?

Thanks

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
What skis do you have?
I don't notice it, not that this is the answer but aftermarket skis help.
I have SLP PP.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I haven't tried the new M9000/Sidewinder yet, but I do have a 7000 and owned a Nytro. The engine braking feel is normal for a 4 stroke and if your new to 4 strokes it will take a few rides to get use to.
The main thing is to ease out of the throttle instead of backing all the way off like you would on a 2 stroke. Once you get use to it, I think that you'll like it better especially going down hill. You'll find that you don't have to use the brake as much.

That said, better skis help a lot as well!

C
Aug 6, 2016
Cedaredge,co
Thanks for the input guys, yes I'm used to 2stroke bikes and sleds, constantly blipping the throttle.

Haven't had a chance yet to ride the turbo in the snow, have ruined both side yards though, couple very short blips. Sure hooks up in the grass.

And comes to a quick stop when letting out quick, like to go right over the front first time. Had read bout this, just wasn't ready for it.

I'm shopping a new set of skis currently during Black Friday, but most everything is pretty much eBay pricing, haven't found a smoking deal so far.

Premium Features