• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Top end kits

J
Oct 15, 2013
Breckenridge, CO
Rapidly approaching 2500miles on my '15 Summit 800 and thinking of going into the motor for the first time. Sled is running great, but thinking in preventive terms. So my question is what top end kit are people running in the etec?

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
Rapidly approaching 2500miles on my '15 Summit 800 and thinking of going into the motor for the first time. Sled is running great, but thinking in preventive terms. So my question is what top end kit are people running in the etec?

Do you have any warranty left

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
No. And ski doo doesn't cover preventive maintenance anyways

I would put a trigger 872 or a shr 880 in it. If you don't want to go the bb route I would get a shr or rk-tek drop in kit with porting I think it adds 10hp, I thinks it's 995$ U.S.

J
Oct 15, 2013
Breckenridge, CO
I would put a trigger 872 or a shr 880 in it. If you don't want to go the bb route I would get a shr or rk-tek drop in kit with porting I think it adds 10hp, I thinks it's 995$ U.S.

Ya I've been looking at those kits online. not really looking to drop a grand or more. Mainly looking to freshen up the motor for resale in the spring or fall. Not completely sure it's even worth it really since it's still running like a bat out of hell

I'll be snow checking either the new ski doo(hopefully) or an Axys and turboing

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
Ya I've been looking at those kits online. not really looking to drop a grand or more. Mainly looking to freshen up the motor for resale in the spring or fall. Not completely sure it's even worth it really since it's still running like a bat out of hell

I'll be snow checking either the new ski doo(hopefully) or an Axys and turboing

350$ I think for the just the drop in pistens in think it might add 5hp and drops some weight from the stockers. But don't quote me on this stuff I talked to him over a month ago and can't remember all the facts

jorgy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Iowa
Dang, 2500 miles in one year?!?!? You must not ever shut that thing off. :face-icon-small-ton

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
You won't find a lot of info on top end kits for Ski Doos, because the top ends usually last about as long as the cranks. Depending on how hard you are on the engine, 4,000 miles is about the right number for a full rebuild or short block.

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
You won't find a lot of info on top end kits for Ski Doos, because the top ends usually last about as long as the cranks. Depending on how hard you are on the engine, 4,000 miles is about the right number for a full rebuild or short block.

A guy I ride with had 10000km on his 13 freeride in about 1.1/4 of a year and it was still going strong before he sold it to get a 2015. I think he has 6500km on his 15 with no problems.

Premium Features