• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

14 Summit XM X 154 with MBRP can and CHECK ENGINE

C
Oct 3, 2008
Bend Oregon
I took the can off of my 12 etec and installed it on my 14. During break in, I would get a check engine and a temp light. After restarting it would not come back all day as long as the sled stayed warm. Now that I am out of break in, I am getting the code constantly and have notice that it says "Muffler Check Engine" when the code starts. This can was supposed to be for all Etec years from what I can tell. Any ideas? I am hoping that I need spacer of some sort for the temp probe in the can to alleviate the issue.

I was also getting fair amount of bogging this last weekend in the northwest with 2 feet of fresh pow. I'm betting it was from the damn air filters but if anyone else is seeing bogging under long stents of WOT let me know.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Cheers.

SODAK-DOO

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2015
eastern south dakota
had the same experience. took mine off my '11 and put on my '13 and had the same issue. seemed ironic but mine ended up being a faulty probe and nothing to do with the can. also, the probe i think changed design and i could be wrong but i think the can did as well with the probes.

x-5

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Park City mt
Needs a ecu reflash just take it to the dealer. Did it to me after the dealer no problems.

Mantis

Lifetime Membership
Feb 10, 2008
Just put one on my 2014, came with extra spacer too for older(thought it was only for 2011s but who knows) etec's - maybe need the spacer? Was worried about codes myself after reviewing Mbrp but so far none...

S
Jun 3, 2009
Revelstoke
It does NOT need a reflash. In 14, Doo started using a shorter probe in the exhaust. The plug in your older can is to long, so your sensor isnt reading properly. New cans come with an insert so it can be used with all years of the etec. The MBRP is a great quality can! Love when people bash when they don't know what they are talking about.

Simple fix if you want to keep using that can, is cut the probe an inch shorter and weld back on. Problem solved! :face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features