• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel gauge quit working

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
2013 summit 800 etec fuel gauge says it's either got one bar or flashes empty and trust me it's full to the top. Anyone have this issue and fix it or what kind of tests could I do. I just don't know how these level sensors work on these, like can you just do like a resistance test across pins like on most cars and see the what the sensor is actually reading. Warranty ended two days ago...... :(

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
There are two possible fixes. You may need to reorient (rotate) the sender unit on the tank. Run a search here or on Dootalk for details. There's also an inline fuse, that could cause issues. Both are accessible behind the lower air box.

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
Well it started working again.. So I'm going to go with it. I did talk to the dealer and he said they are pretty typical to stick and do that. Anyone have and more problems leaving AV gas in there ?? I do run AV gas.

M
Mar 7, 2008
Almont, Michigian
Replace the fuse that sits buy there airbox, It's pretty common, do a search on doo-talk, there are some fixes, my 2010 renegade x did the same thing more then once, after i replaced the fuse It was fine for maybe 1 season, then It did It again, you think brp would have fixed this known problem!!:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features