• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 arctic cat zr800

L
Jan 2, 2012
ok my 2002 arctic cat zr800 is bogging out i start it up let it warm up runs fine i take it for a rip doesnt matter if i hammer on it on just drive slow i let off the throttle and back on it and it bogs (but does not turn off) i let off and on the throttle and nothing and then it well just kick in and go but keeps doing it. i have checked my power values there fine i watch the servo and it seems that it dosent move but i tested it on the bench and it seems fine could it be tss switch? can anyone help please driving me nuts thanks

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Could be TPS on throttle body, need to have a AC tech hook up to tell if its bad. Good thing is that you just replace it instead of the entire throttle body. The other possibilities are the voltage regulator or stator. Also the wires to injectors are probably cracked might have a short there as well. Good luck.

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
Broken clutch spring or weight bushings worn and weights hanging up. Also take the cover off the power valve servo and recycle it. Then you can see if it is working right. It should cycle once after startup when you rev the engine slightly. If it cycles more than once or not at all there is a problem somewhere.
Forgot to ask if it is EFI. The cycle pattern for the power valve servo may be different for EFI. I only know about the carb ones.

Premium Features