• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thank you Ski Doo

A
Jan 28, 2010
For helping me learn how to ride serious back country on a far inferior machine for the past 5 years. If I wouldn't have had that I probably wouldn't be the unreal rider I am on the best mountain machine on the market. Hello Polaris :face-icon-small-coo

<div><br></div><div>Tool</div>

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I see you’re in Idaho take your Ski Doo to McCall and ride with Cody Monroe you will see the limitations of your Ski Doo rather quickly the reason I say that is because that’s what I did. I have a 17 AXY and an 18 free ride both great sleds and Ski Doo definitely has some advantages over the AXYs but technical riding isn’t one of them.

I think the Polaris is better in the narly stuff but you got a taste of rider limitations not the sled.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
None of them make a bad sled anymore. Its all rider preference. I just switched to a 18 axys from a 17 850 this year. I can say for me personally i enjoy my polaris more. The doo was awesome though, and i do miss the 850 torque

TRUER WORDS WERE NEVER SPOKEN.

There is not a 2019 or 2020 Mountain Sled on the market today, that if given to me I would hesitate to ride!

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I hope this means we wont have to read anymore of your bull**** posts in the doo section anymore

The funny thing is if you look at my "Thanks" to post ratio and total amount of thanks per post, it is higher than 95% of people on this forum. You guys love me on here :face-icon-small-coo

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
The funny thing is if you look at my "Thanks" to post ratio and total amount of thanks per post, it is higher than 95% of people on this forum. You guys love me on here :face-icon-small-coo

Hey, it's the Big10 excuse! :eyebrows:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
No fight here. I do find it hilarious that none of these guys will meet up to ride. Even this kid who posted here from Cle Elum I pm'd. Nothing but crickets. Everyone on here is an expert rider yet no one is willing to meet up and teach me how to ride. :face-icon-small-con

N
Jan 11, 2008
Spokane, WA
No fight here. I do find it hilarious that none of these guys will meet up to ride. Even this kid who posted here from Cle Elum I pm'd. Nothing but crickets. Everyone on here is an expert rider yet no one is willing to meet up and teach me how to ride. :face-icon-small-con

Did you buy your Polaris from John? I think I've seen you on the mountain in that area. We will be at his cabin this weekend. Im pretty sure you know what type of riding he does :D

My ole man on his Eight Fiddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYtZvZjutUw

Last edited:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Did you buy your Polaris from John? I think I've seen you on the mountain in that area. We will be at his cabin this weekend. Im pretty sure you know what type of riding he does :D

My ole man on his Eight Fiddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYtZvZjutUw

I got it from one of John's friend with 104 miles on it. That's the entrance to God's :face-icon-small-hap John and I have a special thing for trees

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington

Hard to believe your moving on to prolaris when skidoo debuted "your" "Expert" sled this year...? tis a shame ...

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana

I'd like to meet up and ride with with you sometime. I've yet to meet someone that I can't keep up to, even on my crappy doo. LOL I hear guys talk all the time about how this sled wont do that or this, but really have yet to see it. It comes down to rider abilty in my opinion.

Moved to the flathead a year and half ago, I have ridden with many different riders on different machines. Maybe I just ride with poor riders? Idk.

Anyways Chadley, if you are ever in the area, I'd love to test myself and see if I can actually ride with a professional....just to measure myself up, i like riding with better riders, makes me a better rider. When I go out to ride, I strive to be the best in whatever group I ride. perhaps you can show me a thing or two. PM me sometime, seriously.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I'd like to meet up and ride with with you sometime. I've yet to meet someone that I can't keep up to, even on my crappy doo. LOL I hear guys talk all the time about how this sled wont do that or this, but really have yet to see it. It comes down to rider abilty in my opinion.

Moved to the flathead a year and half ago, I have ridden with many different riders on different machines. Maybe I just ride with poor riders? Idk.

Anyways Chadley, if you are ever in the area, I'd love to test myself and see if I can actually ride with a professional....just to measure myself up, i like riding with better riders, makes me a better rider. When I go out to ride, I strive to be the best in whatever group I ride. perhaps you can show me a thing or two. PM me sometime, seriously.

I'm far from pro. I also never said my Ski Doo was limiting me. I just think the Polaris is ALOT easier to ride in the trees. Work half as hard and your able to ride longer and do more. I like to ride 8 hours not 4 so I am going with what is the easiest to ride. It's like cheating. If I wanted to be a bad ass I'd go with a 600 lb Yamaha!

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
I'm far from pro. I also never said my Ski Doo was limiting me. I just think the Polaris is ALOT easier to ride in the trees. Work half as hard and your able to ride longer and do more. I like to ride 8 hours not 4 so I am going with what is the easiest to ride. It's like cheating. If I wanted to be a bad ass I'd go with a 600 lb Yamaha!

Haven't ridden the the axys, I;ve got several buddies tha tride them, one with with the new 19 850. I'm just having so much fun on my doo 850 haven't been interested in riding anything else, even my 600 + turbo nytro. It's by far the easier sled I've ridden and I can ride hard all day with minimal fatigue. I'm pretty new to the serious boondocking though, I havea lot to learn. Guess I'll have to jump on a poo sometime.

Serious about riding though.

CATDIESELPOWER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
IDAHO

Caleb’s your huckleberry :face-icon-small-coo

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I see you’re in Idaho take your Ski Doo to McCall and ride with Cody Monroe you will see the limitations of your Ski Doo rather quickly the reason I say that is because that’s what I did. I have a 17 AXY and an 18 free ride both great sleds and Ski Doo definitely has some advantages over the AXYs but technical riding isn’t one of them.

I don’t think there are limitations to a sled. Maybe the rider but not the sled. Not saying you either. Just in general. Burandt and Rasmussen could take a 120 sled and make everyone else look bad. Just saying.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The average level of reading comprehension on this forum is that of a 1st grader. I've never said you can't do anything on the Ski Doo that you can on a Patriot. I have been a staunch defender over the years for Ski Doo about them panelling out, t motion making it so you can't sidehill, and them not sidehilling in extremely steep terrain. You can do all that on a Ski Doo. However, if someone tells me that it's easier or even the same amount of effort to do it on the Ski Doo vs Polaris Patriot they are one of two things or possibly both. They are lying to themselves or they simply aren't a very good rider. The Ski Doo is hands down the better sled for 97% of the riders on these forums that want to bash up a hill, pin the flipper to the bars to feel the power, and want a stronger more durable sled. I personally could careless about these things. I want the best handling sled for extremely technical terrain that takes the least amount of rider output to get the sled to do what I want. I am sorry if that hurts the extremely brand loyal people's feelings. The Ski Doo isn't a junker but the Polaris chassis is leaps and bounds better than the Doo. Simple fact :face-icon-small-hap Why would you ever drive a Miata when you have the opportunity to drive a Ferrari? :face-icon-small-con

Premium Features