• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

the Line Shack,??

M
Feb 16, 2008
OK Been a few yrs since I have been able to get back to WY, and MIGHT be making a trip this winter
I used to stay in Pinedale WY and ride from there up to the LINE SHACK, up in Dubois WY
I know the place was for sale a while, and NOT sure if it ever sold and if so, are they OPEN for business, do they rent sleds(I know they used to)
just any info would be appreciated if anyone know's anything!

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
They were open last winter but I don't believe they rent sleds. Crooked creek just down the road does.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

M
Feb 16, 2008
thanks, YEAH I know of crooked creek, but was more or less just wondering what was up with the Line Shack
as could not really find anything online about them since 2013 or so
seemed like they went off grid LOL
'
I used to stay at Green river guest ranch, or elk ridge lodge in Pinedale and that was the closest place or fuel from pinedale heading that way, so was wondering if they were running, renting sleds and carrying fuel or not
as was a nice run from pinedale to line shack and sort of needed fuel to get back and be safe, and have fuel to play in between!

ALSO< not sure what trails are like from pinedale to there, as I read here I think last yr, there were some washout and not sure if ever fixed too?/
so if anyone has any more insight on things, from pinedale to the line shack
please let me know
and thanks again for the update

jb800

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Currently MN
I was up on Union Pass a bunch this summer. Lenny had the Line Shack opened up for a family reunion for a week, so me and some buddies stopped by for a drink. Sounds like they will be open for 3 months and possibly have sleds to rent this winter.

Golanda

Lifetime Membership
Aug 18, 2015
Bozeman Mt & Pinedale WY
The Place is open but necessary not everyday of the week. They have not been renting sleds nor do they have the cabins to rent. Trail grooming from The Place to the tail head has been sketchy the last couple years. You can surly make it but it has been groomed less than in years past.

You can stay at the end of the road at Kendall Valley Lodge. No issue getting in and out of there. http://www.muleshoeoutfitters.com/kendallvalleylodge.htm)

It would be nice to know what the line shack is up to. I don't plan to stop there as I can't count on them being open.

_

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I Ride up there pretty often- but the safe bet would be to rent sled from Buckys- ( Pinedale Polaris Dealer) ( Ask for Sandy)
He has trailers for his rental sleds and you can trailer up to the parking lot.
Kendall Valley has really nice cabins if you want to stay around the area, and has the smaller restaurant with a bar.

Line Shack has been sketchy the past few years, but were open this past summer when I went up to the 7 lakes and Glacier lake.

Crooked Creek is not maintaining their cabins very well IMHO

FYI for those visiting- If you want a really good dinner go to The DEN Restaurant at the Daniel junction gas station.--

http://www.visitpinedale.org/community/dining-guide/daniel-junction

You can thank me later .:face-icon-small-hap

Tahoe54

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
The Line Shack is still open and has fuel, I'm not sure about sleds this year but you can just pick up the phone and find that out, 307-455-3232. They update their facebook page once in a while, posted this on Dec 18th. They haven't groomed the little trail on the side of the road for a number of years, just take the dirt road about 100 yards or so from the trail head.

https://www.facebook.com/lineshacklodge/

48929089_548478795624206_4386101077477425152_n.jpg

Last edited:
M
Feb 16, 2008
thanks for the info,
I don;t do face book, so no clue on that, still not into the modern world I guess LOL
but good to hear there still open and have fuel!

Premium Features