• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys oil question

Jul 22, 2009
New Poo guy here...

In terms of oil on the Axys, are they are oils that we absolutely should/should not use on these? I'm not opposed to using Polaris oil but if there is something better for this particular engine I'd like to take advantage of it.

Any info out there?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
The VES gold is pretty good stuff, valves stay pretty darn clean. Redline oil is slightly better but also more money.
Your NOT going to void your warranty running something other then the polaris oil. Just make sure it meets the same specs. Eric

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Magnusen-Moss act prevents companies from warranty exclusion based on using a different oil. They must prove that the oil caused the failure in the motor. I know AMSOil wouldn't sit back and let a manufacturer claim that their motor oil was insufficient.

I've been using AMSOil in my sleds since my 99' RMK. Never lost a Polaris motor seven sleds later.

P

purepolaris600

Aug 21, 2009
Elkader iowa
I used to be a amsoil guy but I have switch 2 years ago to mystic. I have to say best oil I have ever run exhaust valves are clean and no motor issues plus it's only 19buck a gal for full synthetic.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
These are threats by unscrupulous stealers trying to sell high priced oil, and get you back in their PG&A dept. Yeah, poo warranty will ask the dealer the question "what oil were they running" at claim time. They might try to use it as a bad fact to deny a claim, particularly if the dealer doesn't support you. Unless you're running Wynn's from the 70's, or just really out of bounds, you're not going to dinged for oil alone. In combo with other mods, you might be on your own warranty time - I'm told poo requires pics of all dealer claims now, so mod carefully.

If you have a good dealer, and run good oil, and have a legit claim, this is a non-issue. If the dealer is tossing you that crap, time to find another dealer. Rant off.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
If you have to ask, and you're not married to another brand....just run the Polaris stuff. It's middle of the road for price, it's easy to get, it works as good as any other, and the warranty thing is a non issue...even if it shouldn't be.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I was warned that use of anything buy Polaris gold would void warranty. I use amsoil in my R1, dirt bike and old rmk without one issue.

It's a scam to sell their oil this way but I like warranty too.

As others pointed out it is against the law to say you have to use "our oil" or your warranty is void. They can have a specification that they require but you can't say only X brand. (thanks Ferrari for trying this and a bunch of rich guys that owned these cars sued because they happened to be or have attorneys at their disposal).

I've been a big Amsoil fan. I prefer Interceptor over Dominator because it is easier on the exhaust valves. Dominator will take more heat and abuse but generally requires exhaust valves to be cleaned more often. I ran an old Rev out of oil (dumbas$ move) but the oil I think prevented a catastrophic failure. I lost a piston when it heat seized but the other side was fine, no cylinder damage.

There are a lot of good oil out there, use what you can easily get.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I use VES. Easy to get through my dealer and if I ever have a warranty issue, oil will not be of concern

Redline for lots of years. You can get a good price on it if you go on Amazon. It is what my dealer runs in his personal sleds. No motor issues on it ever.

R
Nov 1, 2012
Vermont
Ran Ipone for years with no issues and planning to run that again this year. Definitely the best smelling oil out there IMO.

It's hard to find, but bought a case so that should get me through most of the year.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Ran Ipone for years with no issues and planning to run that again this year. Definitely the best smelling oil out there IMO.

It's hard to find, but bought a case so that should get me through most of the year.

I dont know about that . . . the Legend Oil smells pretty dang good! =)
Based on my experience, the worst smelling oils are Redline and Amsoil. Used to run both, and got tired of burning eyes. Those two are horrible!!

Premium Features