• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

163 t3 how are you liking them

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
I was coming off a 163 2010 with 35lbs of weight redux, 2.5" camo x, evo air skid with ice age rails, s36, grippers, dj kit, can blablabla.

The t3 163 is better at everything than my 10 other than keeping the skis down in a steep climb. Easier to get on edge, easier to sidehill, more predictable in ruts, and the traction, better mileage. It's sweet.

Oh guess the t3 is harder to do donuts in low snow, or almost impossible with the traction you get... but that was only other thing.

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
coming off a 2010 M8, I love it. Lots of traction, probably the best climbing stock sled of 2015. For boondocking the sled is very easy to manuever and does not require much effort to do sooo

Its really opened up my world to jumping as well, as I am now able to carry enough ground speed to hit things with some speed in deeper snow, im finding as the season goes on, the shocks arent what they werent when they are new. Brand new, i never bottomed the sled out, now with 600-700 miles or so im starting to bottom out a bit at times. Other than that, I would say I put to much work into. Im snow checking a new a 16 154 T-3 doo next year. All i will probably do, is gnr braces, extreme doo skid plate. aftermarket bumper, and ride it. Stock clutching is very good...

WildBill47

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2012
By far the best sled on the mountain in my opinion!!! Stock set up works great for me. The gearing is perfect it gives you power rite to the end of pulling the hill. It's way easy to dangle with.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
We have a 2015 T3 174 and a 2014 Summit X 163, so here is my comparison:

1. The 174 is no harder to maneuver than the 163.
2. If you are over 200#s definitely consider the 174.
3. The 174 does not suffer the extreme ski lift the 163 can provide.
4. Be prepared to dig yourself out unassisted when stuck because none of your riding partners could even follow in your track.:face-icon-small-con

Just my $.02

C
Mar 22, 2015
Waldheim, SK C
I've had a blast on my 15 T3, that said hyfaxes are worn out, two suspension modules not bent bad but both bent and second one had the braces on and still got tweaked, the drive axle spun out inside the extrovert driver. But aside from the sled being a little weak it climbs and shreds like no other machine I've riden including turbo thumpers, I'm upgrading my shocks as well it could definitely benefit from a set of good piggybacks

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
I have 2 2013 xm's 163 and a 15 T3 163 there all great sleds but the T3 defiantly has more traction and can climb higher ..but gets hotter on the trails and that's with the scratchers down and at 700 miles needs Hyfax.:( rumor is the 16's are coming out with bigger coolers hope this is true. And I hope they come out with a better scratcher.. I like the new skidoo ones since you don't have to worry about backing up ect. but they don't seem to cool enough..Im sure Im not the only one noticing this heat issue??

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
I have 2 2013 xm's 163 and a 15 T3 163 there all great sleds but the T3 defiantly has more traction and can climb higher ..but gets hotter on the trails and that's with the scratchers down and at 700 miles needs Hyfax.:( rumor is the 16's are coming out with bigger coolers hope this is true. And I hope they come out with a better scratcher.. I like the new skidoo ones since you don't have to worry about backing up ect. but they don't seem to cool enough..Im sure Im not the only one noticing this heat issue??

Yeah the scratcher lays to close to the track, all the snow dust it kicks up goes under the track belt and not above it where it lubes the highfax and get kicked around enough to cool the sled.

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
T-3

I love mine so far runs great climbs really good and has good power right out of the box I'm impressed so far with mine, not many miles on it this year as there is no sno this season

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Really enjoying my T3 163, only issue has been the poor hyfax life. Around christmas had a good week of 3-4 feet of fresh thats when I really seen the T3 shine compared to other sleds in my group. With all the manufactures running 3 inch tracks now probably close the gap a bit in 2016.

Superduty348

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
BC
Hey Butthead, after reading all of the above comments, that should help your decision !!

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
The fist hour or so on mine I was really disappointed. Then the longer I rode it the more I liked it. Now I think it's probably the best stock sled I've owned.

M

Meyersnow

Feb 8, 2015
Breckenridge
Buy it

It's a great machine. Had to leave my buddy's '15 freeride in the backcountry for a night because he couldn't get out. I was able to ride circles around him on my T3 163 in Black. It's an amazing ride. Paid full retail, but loving it. Still stoked to sled and it's April.

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
easy upgrades...

doo black QRS spring
pull limiter UP 1 hole
revalve rear shock to control front end on climbs
ice storm scratchers
Dyno Port, HPS, Diamond S cans

BJ

Last edited:
R
Dec 12, 2007
Orting, WA
t3--- two thumbs up

so far so good. I put on the ski scratchers and 2 sets of idler wheels. 260 miles and my hyfax look brand new. Also, while riding up a hard packed trail to get to the good stuff, the ski scratchers keep the coolant temperature way down. I installed the Zbroz dual rate spring kit on the stock shocks and disconnected the sway bar. WOW that works soooo much better than stock. Suck up the limiter strap one hole and adjust the front spring preload to you liking. Just got finished dropping the bars by 1 1/4" by installing a fly riser kit and will install a post forward kit over the summer.

Premium Features