• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

T3 Slider Wear

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Is anyone noticing that their sliders are wearing out really fast on their T3 ? I only have 200km on my sled and the sliders need to be replaced. Only 30-40km has been on trails headed up to the alpine which I use my scratchers. I find that the scratches don't do much, need to be an inch or 2 longer they barley dig into the snow compared to other scratchers I've used. I'm going to add a set of wheels to the skid also.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I think this is going to a issue. May have to add a set of other scratcher to make up some.

Unfortunately a side affect of removing all the wheels in the suspension.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
It will be an issue, sled in the shop the other day with 40 miles had considerable wear. Cannot vouch for how or where he rode it, I need to look at mine after 150 miles. A lot of it (most) was road/trail, but I keep my speed down to under 40/50 and am pretty careful about temps and such. I think my sliders/hifax :) will be a good indication of the wear under normal, non abusive conditions.
The one at the shop had wear from a foot in front of the rear wheels all the way to the scratchers.
A second set of scratchers may be in order.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I think they have to be short so as not to be damaged in reverse. (Or going in and out of my trailer, lol.) I tend to forget they are there.
However whenever I look back I seem to be throwing a good amount of snow, so who knows.
I do know that yesterday I was at 4 bars all day, semi hard to loose trail. I hit the reservoir and ran fast on an inch or two of set up snow, when I got off and hit some hard frozen trail I was at 5 bars, it stayed there until I got to soft bumps where it came down to 4 and stayed there.
As long as my hifax look ok, I am more than satisfied with the cooling and snow lube of a 174, 3 inch track in crap snow!

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
The T3 does have a shorter cooler to reduce weight. The local dealer told me that these are not a sled that will stay real cool on set up snow or light amounts on the trail. My 2011 with a 3 inch track stays cool and I haven't needed to swap out my hy fax yet. Yes there worn but still have meat left. I wont ride the dirt with my machines. For the heat issues and wear and tear on hyfax,skis ,carbides, boogy wheel bearings ect.

Low snow I wont go.:face-icon-small-win

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Good attitude. Great attitude for a guy who runs a 3" track, lol.
I did try to break a trail Sat that had some very low (almost no) snow and dirt, I turned around when the temps started to go up, so now I am really curious as to how my sliders look. That WAS abusive and not the norm.

M

mikesbike2003

Jan 1, 2009
Idaho Falls,Idaho
Good attitude. Great attitude for a guy who runs a 3" track, lol.
I did try to break a trail Sat that had some very low (almost no) snow and dirt, I turned around when the temps started to go up, so now I am really curious as to how my sliders look. That WAS abusive and not the norm.

An act of desperation?
I am almost there.
Come on snow.

I don't have a T3 but have a 14 154 and after about 900 miles my hifax were completely shot and paper thin (this was after a great snow year and very little trail miles even with the scratchers down). For what its worth somebody told me the white ones will last longer? I've had a few different sleds with a few different colored hifax and never noticed one color wearing faster than the others, but these black skidoo ones wear fast! Also a pain in the a$$ that you have to pull the skid to change them out instead of being able to slide them in and out of a track window. Turns a 10 minute job into a 30 minute job...

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
An act of desperation?
I am almost there.
Come on snow.

Lol, no, found a honey hole on Saturday with a foot of fresh, and it was a ten mile ride plus a crappy truck drive to get to it from the parking lot, if I could have gotten down to the lake from the other side of the mountain the truck drive would have been short with no company and a short ride to the good stuff then next day.

keithw

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2010
The scratchers don't throw enough snow to help much on the trail. Keeping around 40mph on groomed trail (15 miles in before had enough elevation to get off) we had one T3 overheat and shut off and the other 3 were running 4-5 bars until we got in decent snow. Seems like the scratchers are not long enough with the 3 inch track. Used my backup scratchers, dragging feet at lower speed on the trail, which was significantly more effective than scratchers.

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
I'm not impressed with the T3 scratchers. Running a 3" track on my 154 XM and it was all I could do to keep the sled from overheating this weekend on the trail in and out of the zone. I have wheels in the middle of the rails but need to put the Ice Storm ones back on or try the Ski-Z (although these look to be a little less convenient)

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
The scratchers don't throw enough snow to help much on the trail. Keeping around 40mph on groomed trail (15 miles in before had enough elevation to get off) we had one T3 overheat and shut off and the other 3 were running 4-5 bars until we got in decent snow. Seems like the scratchers are not long enough with the 3 inch track. Used my backup scratchers, dragging feet at lower speed on the trail, which was significantly more effective than scratchers.

Whats wrong with 4 bars? Thats running temp. Ive ridden icy trails with my 163 and treated it like a long track with a 3 inch track, not a 121 with inch lugs and had zero problems. Came off a cat with reduced cooling and a deep track and its not that big of a deal. Use common sense, get off trail as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features