• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

thinking of going poo. input from those who have spent time on xm and pro

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The T3 is the first big step in the right direction doo has taken with respect to the tunnel clearance issue, the doo tail has always been dragging in the deep more then it should, the pro is very good in this department because of its sleek and slender tunnel design. You all remember the rev tunnel....what a nightmare!!

Is the sled in breakin mode still? The motor should not be using that much fuel and oil even pinned, unless your still under 250-300 miles on the sled.
The sled we left was a 13. My 14 ran out at 46 miles but has a bb. Same trip my other buddy made it 18 more miles and his 14 ran out. All off breakin. Maybe they are good on trail but if you are on the gas all day they are not that great. The Pro uses less of both under those circumstances. When the we're first promoting the etec they were claiming fill oil once a year. Far cry from that. The Pro uses less oil irregardless. Every sled is different but those are the ones I'm around all the time.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
The T3 is the first big step in the right direction doo has taken with respect to the tunnel clearance issue, the doo tail has always been dragging in the deep more then it should, the pro is very good in this department because of its sleek and slender tunnel design. You all remember the rev tunnel....what a nightmare!!

Is the sled in breakin mode still? The motor should not be using that much fuel and oil even pinned, unless your still under 250-300 miles on the sled.

I've got 680 on one, 1400 on another, and 590 on the 3rd...

Each of them has taken fuel from a pro at one point during the season, my main sled has twice now. (and yeah, I burp it, shake it, and slap it around a bit when fuelling...)

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
agreed. when riding hard all day in deep u need a fuel caddy and they don't sip oil.

Each of them has taken fuel from a pro at one point during the season, my main sled has twice now. (and yeah, I burp it, shake it, and slap it around a bit when fuelling...)[/QUOTE]

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
i havent seen 1 blown engine in the skidoo section.
poo section....lost count.
you pick.

It's been proven short memory issues a an early age comes from smoking too much pot. Quit it now before it's too late.

One thing Doo has done to help is smarter computer than before. More oil and fuel under load in the mountains makes a 2 stroke live.
Poo riders should take note and doo riders should thank Doo for finally figuring out an EPA legal program that does this.

T
Feb 3, 2008
Bend, Or
wanted to try one

Picked up 2014 polaris pro 155 the other day from dealer i have rode ski-doo my hole life always owned one I ran some IQR's for jumping sleds over the years but thats about it. This sled had a team secondary and new guts in primary other than that its stock. I was very impressed with the power that clutch kit gave it wide open up a hill it would keep up with my 100% stock ski-doo XM 154 except for the rear skid lets just say T-Motion isn't for me. Still not as playful in throttle response and boggy at times but it really impressed me when held WFO. The Polaris went up a crossed and down everything my XM could do and I will say that it holds a line in the trees better than my XM. How ever I have decided to stick with ski-doo. Hears why down the trail not a fun or fast sled and I thought my XM was a pile on the trail compared to my 2010 XP but I hate trail riding and I really could care less how it handles as long as I can ride it hard through the tree's and be the first on top of the hill. It is not as easy to get on its side as my XM but once you get the polaris on its side it stays I guess the easier it rolls up on one ski the easier it goes back to two. But I am an aggressive rider and I will always trade stability for agility( not to be confused with a handful or all over the place ). I don't find my self side hilling as much thees day's my goal is to go over the top not show off fancy or unnecessary foot work and don't get me wrong I do the hop over deal and dangle a leg more then id like to but it gets the job done when needed. I have found that the faster I ride uphill the more you need to keep both feet on the sled haha I roll my sled a lot less and don't get pitched off as easy. I do agree with Polaris about having a fixed rear skid I have many dent's on my sled to prove it from getting thrown down hill while still hanging off the uphill side wondering how this happen. But to me the Polaris handles a lot like the ZX chassis ski-doo made years ago I could hold a line very easy riding the Polaris and my 2001 800 151 took me back a few years while side hilling. All in all I am not trying to piss anyone off thees were just my feelings and opinions I formed while testing a sled I have never road before I still have the snowmobile and will continue to ride it over my XM just to make sure i'm not missing anything or form new opinions as I get more miles on the PRO

Dec 1, 2007
Well I put it off until yesterday, but I pulled the trigger on an rmk yesterday. I liked all the upgrades available, and for the price I got, It seemed the best way to go. I really appreciate all the input and the comments greatly influenced my decision. Thanks SNOWEST

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
doos have more snort for sure.

polaris is more old school and i think may prove to have less issues

steering on a doo is proper, feels like a dirtbike. steering on a polaris is some sort of weird setup

O
Dec 6, 2007
doos have more snort for sure.

Lots of us are not seeing this on the snow. I outweigh my e-tech riding buddy by ~80 lbs or so and the Pro hi-marks right with the Doo all day long.

polaris is more old school and i think may prove to have less issues

Old school? Like the standard belt drive, carbon fiber chassis members and bonded components? The Pro is like the space shuttle compared to the Doo.

steering on a doo is proper, feels like a dirtbike. steering on a polaris is some sort of weird setup

Proper if you are a dirt bike rider.... Steering on the Polaris is like a snowmobile:face-icon-small-win

C
Nov 27, 2007
I have a '13 pro with a few mods and it's a great sled. No issues other than a couple electrical gremlins. But if your coming off a doo you'll notice that 15 wide track(at least I did). Dropping down through the trees is a blast with this sled. Power is good, but not an Etec, and you con really throw this sled around. Having said that though I couldn't say no to the 174x3. I ride with a few XMs and it's a toss up. All depends on dealer support and how much bs you wanna put up with from your buddies:face-icon-small-sho

C

cheater35

Mar 10, 2011
Brainerd, MN
They are both great machines. It's all personal preference. Just be careful if you get a new Pro the tunnels are very light and will bend pretty easy. My brother has a 14' Pro and tunnel bent right behind drive shaft with only 52 miles on it. No damage to the A-frames or spindle but ski was shaved off on the edge and the carbon fiber tubes under hood were both cracked cause they don't bend they brake. Didn't seem like it was a very hard hit at all but enough to do pretty heavy damage. I have a 13' xm but haven't had a chance to ride his pro yet but will next year when fixed. I think the etec is a smoother more advanced engine. JMO.

Nytro MTX Sweden

Premium Member
Aug 27, 2008
North of Sweden
Both are great sleds!
Poo have much better throttle respons than E-TEC, Period!
In the really steep Poo handles better!
Very few, I will say no one with a -14 Poo have QD problems!
Very few have succeeded to bend the tunnel, I don't now anyone hos has!
Carbon fiber tubs! No problem att all and we have "really" done our best!

The only thing I don't like with the Doo is the throttle respons, it really sucks.

I wasn't sure if I should take Doo T3 or TDS 163, I went with the Poo TDS 163.
Haven't had one singel problem with my Poo Pro 155 -13 or -14.

S
Oct 5, 2008
Okanagan
I just spent 4 days riding a 2014 pro surrounded with 5 2014 doos. I posted my thoughts on a different forum. Long story short there not in the same league.
We all took turns over the week riding the pro to see if we could find any reason to buy the polaris for next year and not one guy in the group had and second thoughts about buying a poo for next year.
Polaris wins down the trail. After the trail is doo hands down.
All you have to really look at to realize what is going on in the innovation sledding world is doos new sleds are now touching the 15000 mark for pricing and in BC and Alberta there selling out every year. Polaris are offering rebates and are considerably cheaper to buy. One company can ask what they want and one company has to beat there pricing down to sell sleds. Polaris at this point I don't think we'll ever catch up to bombardier. Do just has to much technology innovation. heck they build 150 mph trains. Airplanes.
I personally have never seen anyone switch from a doo to a poo
I rode that pro for 4 days and hated it.

Premium Features