• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carbon fiber chassis

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
I was wondering if anyone has heard of someone other than c3 building a carbon chassis for the ski doo xm i don't want to pay 10k if there is a cheaper one out there with a good quality.

skidawg

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2006
Wausau, Wisc.
carbon fiber xm

C3 powersports makes a very nice cf chassis, but they are getting very pricey, and I agree with you, it would be nice to have some competition in this field, especially on this side of the border. Patrickcustomcarbon.com (815-721-5151) makes a lot of carbon parts for sleds, but so far, no cf xm chassis. I think if enough people would contact him and express their desire to have one made, he just might do it.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
well, considering, the xp and xm use the same chassis, besides the running board hoops, im figuring you could use one of those.

again, cost is kinda harsh, but hey, this sport isnt free. the molds to make a chassis for super low production runs cost a lot of money, hell, its probably like $1k in raw materials as well for a full chassis. good epoxy and carbon is expensive!

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
Just a tunnel, or tunnel liner we could rivet in would be awesome. So much less snow sticking to the tunnel would be mint

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I'd love to see Patrick making more stuff for the doos. After myself and a few others buying stuff from C3, I'm far from impressed with pricing and his information... it's a sh**show buying from him. Had a customer we ordered for last week and after ordering he tells us we need to spend double the money to get what we need, after having told another customer the exact opposite just a week before... completely unacceptable way to do business.

Patrick seems to have his act together, produces QUALITY stuff, and has good solid info before you order.

More options is a beautiful thing!

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I'd love to see Patrick making more stuff for the doos. After myself and a few others buying stuff from C3, I'm far from impressed with pricing and his information... it's a sh**show buying from him. Had a customer we ordered for last week and after ordering he tells us we need to spend double the money to get what we need, after having told another customer the exact opposite just a week before... completely unacceptable way to do business.

Patrick seems to have his act together, produces QUALITY stuff, and has good solid info before you order.

More options is a beautiful thing!

X2 I've had the same results from c3 and great results from PCC. I'm certain if you talk to TJ, he will build some carbon parts for the XM, but I don't see him building a complete chassis like c3 does.

Premium Features