• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

mtn tamer for xm

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
Was wondering if the mountain tamer on the xm would be a down grade since you cant use the t motion anymore. Ant thoughts?

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
With a good aftermarket suspension the sled will handle just as good with out the T-motion but will give you more tune ability with the shocks and the coupling control adjustment. The XM is a good design sled and I do not think that the T-motion is what is making that sled as good as it is but take most of the credit. It’s a hard question to answer with out making it sound bad. Is what we have to offer is is direct bolt on back arm kit and we also have the complete Mtn. Tamer skid. Both these kits will remove the T-motion and both will provide you with upgraded shock/shocks and coupling adjustment along with a weight savings.

Allen from Timbersled

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
With a good aftermarket suspension the sled will handle just as good with out the T-motion but will give you more tune ability with the shocks and the coupling control adjustment. The XM is a good design sled and I do not think that the T-motion is what is making that sled as good as it is but take most of the credit. It’s a hard question to answer with out making it sound bad. Is what we have to offer is is direct bolt on back arm kit and we also have the complete Mtn. Tamer skid. Both these kits will remove the T-motion and both will provide you with upgraded shock/shocks and coupling adjustment along with a weight savings.

Allen from Timbersled
Im on board with Allen, after testing out some mods on an XP making it virutally the same as an XM, with no T-motion, it handled very well and was really no different feeling. The t-motion is just receiving a ton of the praise of good handling that should really be credited to better geometry and changes made elsewhere.

A coupling style skid will definitely improve the climbing ability of the stocker. The stock skid worked well but seemed to let the skis float a bit in the name of "nimbleness"

M
Nov 13, 2008
MTN Tamer

Ill be in for putting my MTN Tamer skid w a 3" track under an XM this year. After having the coupling adjustability along w better shocks, I wouldn't ride without it. If anyone is looking for a new 163" T-MO skid I would consider selling it to help fund the new project also. Some guys are in awe and love it, I could care less about it, although it was an improvement.

Premium Features