• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

how does everyone like the new xm suspension

Oct 8, 2009
i have a 2010 summit xp 800r and it lifts really good and was wondering if the new xm suspension will do the same thing. how does the new 800 etec compare to the 800r. and are there any major problems with the 800 etec.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
You can move the scissor back to help with the excessive ski lift....which also helps it travel better in the deep, lessens trenching ....Xm and Xp skids are similar in this area.

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Rear Suspension

I installed the T-Motion upgrade in a 2011 and would comment unless you weigh less than 150 or more than 210 you will like it the way it comes. If you are out of the factory weight parameter a simple spring rate adjustment will make you happy. The biggest difference between the new and old systems (that no one mentions) is the progressive nature of the rate on the T Motion. Soft to begin with and great resistance to bottoming at the end of the stroke. The change in leverage ratios as the suspension compresses is worth the price of admission by itself!

Now we all know front and rear work together and that is the next topic.

The thing I would like to be able to tune out of the front suspension is its wanting to "hunt", not dart, in certain situations. Progressing from a ZX - Planted, to REV - Stable, to 08 XP- Floaty, to a 2011 with DS2 Spindles/Skis - nimble but twitchy: I am wondering how to tune everything to get a more predictable front end?

D

dcooper

Mar 6, 2012
Jackson, WY
800 etec is a stellar engine.

I'm switching from my pro back to doo, the chassis is very similar when it comes to effort exerted to move around. maybe slightly easier on the xm but fairly negligible from what I could tell on my demo ride. the engine is what brings it over the top for me, compared to my 800 pro my 11 etec is power on demand and I think the 13 has even just a little more power than the 11.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I had a Pro with the "high end" rebuildable Walkers. They bottomed on everything, worst suspension I have ever owned. I bought an SP Doo XM (with the toss-away shocks) and it was 150% better. No bottoming unless I tried to do it.

Premium Features