• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Xp to Xm or Pro.

Dec 30, 2007
sd
So is the bottom line difference between the pro and Xm that the pro handles a little better? Looking at upgrade from xp...gonna keep two xp for a while, I am full on confident on skidoo quality...nervous about Polaris long-term reliability. I know this has been debated too death on snowest...I guess I go Xm and stay all doo to the bitter end?

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Just get what sled you can get most excited about this year. Thats what I did last fall, I think all the manufactures have great sleds, but for me it was the Doo that made me think it would give me the most fun winter this year....

L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
I'm switching from a '13 pro to a '15 summit x. The t-motion, wider track and etec motor are why I decided to try one out. Really liked my pro too, issue free.

Last edited:

Dec 30, 2007
sd
I'm switching from a '13 pro to a '15 summit x. The t-motion, wider track and etec motor are why I decided to try one out. Really liked my pro too, issue free.
What did you have before the pro?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I owned an 08 XP and a 2011 Pro last year, and have ridden an XM a couple times.

If you like your XP and like Doo, just buy an XM. It does everything the XP does, and more, with less rider effort.

Personally, I never much cared for the XP (wound up with the 08 just cause it was a good deal). That said, it was MORE than fine enough to get out and play around on, but lots of our riding gets fairly technical and it just doesn't shine there.

The Pro rides a lot differently than an XP or an XM. Seating and standing positions are different, suspension feels different, engines feel different, everything. They both do basically all the same stuff, but the feel is not the same. The Pro has notable advantages if you really push steep sidehills as part of your riding. If not, you could argue the rest of the pros and cons all day and not come up with a clear answer.

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
Congrats dude! Let me say first that I feel both are great sleds, the differences are not enough to make one far superior over the other....with that said I went from an XP to a Pro and back to an XM. Had a 2012 Pro and blew the stock motor at 1,000 miles like everyone said it would. So it put a bad taste in my mouth and I came back to doo. Problem has since been fixed. The pro is definitely a different ride and will take getting used to. The power feels like less, but it gets on top of the snow and keeps going. I miss the way it handles on its side, so easy and it holds a sidehill for days.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Congrats - they are all good once you make a decision. Getting to that decision is often a bunch of mental masturbation lol

Dec 30, 2007
sd
That's why I hated thinking about switching brands..too much thinking...

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I went from 09 Xp to a 13 pro took some getting used to about 300 miles before I realy felt confident on it. First pol for me been good so far hard to beat a three year warranty at 417 lbs. IMO the rev was a better mt sled than Xp. The balance point on the pro was hard for me to find coming from Xp but now I have switched between the two would not go back. Riding the pro seems slow but comparing xm to pro in fresh snow the pro leaves the xm. On hard pack the xm wins easily the pro lets me ride more because of less effort to ride. Good luck on your new pro.

Premium Features