• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz airframe running boards

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
I was wondering If anyone has ran the Skinz airframe running board on the xm?
Any pictures?

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
Have you rode a 13 xm? I love the stock boards they shed snow well and have great grip. If you have rode a 13 what did you not like about the stock ones?

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
Have you rode a 13 xm? I love the stock boards they shed snow well and have great grip. If you have rode a 13 what did you not like about the stock ones?

I have only rode one for about half of a day when mine was in the shop I thought they were good. I have heard from some people that they are weak and bend. I dont know if that is true.

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
top secret shop make some sick boards they are pricey but go right into the foot wells which is the main place where the snow plugs up on the xm. i also find that skinz is very slow took forever to get my side panels finally like two months later they i get ahold of them and they say they dont have any and have to build more my buddies took almost a year.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Boards

The outer rail is the same extrusion that came on the XP's. They have bigger holes to shed snow better but sacrifice the rigidity of the board. I think they are too flimsy for a running board whether they shed snow or not. Coming from a guy that is 160 geared up.

-Bryan

Last edited:
L
Mar 8, 2008
The outer rail is the same extrusion that came on the XP's. They have bigger holes to shed snow better but sacrifice the rigidity of the board. I think they are too flimsy for a running board whether they shed snow or not. Coming from a guy that is 160 geared up.

-Bryan

This is not correct, the outer rail on the XM is a lot bigger compared to the XP Summits but similar to the one used on the Freeride and XRS sleds.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
This is not correct, the outer rail on the XM is a lot bigger compared to the XP Summits but similar to the one used on the Freeride and XRS sleds.

I stand corrected. I looked at some old XP remnants from last year and yeah they are way smaller. I still think the ones on the XM are too flexible for me but they are definitely an improvement.

Ridersride

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2008
North Bend
www.ridersride.com
Ive rode both XM stock and XM w/ airframes and the Aireframes win every time.. In wetter snow like in the PNW even the new stock XM boards will fill up and you'll be kicking .. AirFrames Yea NO you never get snow build up and they looks super good ..

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I havn't rode an XM on the snow, but just checking them out on the showroom floor I feel like I could push a foot through them from a strength perspective. I would have to put some different boards on before it even hit the snow to feel safe. I am 260lb though. Not sure about the skinz boards for a ski-doo, but the ones on the pro-lite I demoed last spring were rock solid.

Premium Features