• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS question

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Anybody know if the Axys has a different water pump impeller compared to the ol' Pro?

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Thanks for info.

Don't worry pp600 lol. I just heard stories of the AXYS running cooler. Probably just the TRS kit Poo installed.

Reason for asking is I have been hoping to some day find a bigger impeller and housing for my ol' Pro that has not been completed yet. I don't see anything yet I want to replace it with so I continue.

The aftermarket makes oversized impellers and housings for dirt bikes to help in the trees and hills and they work.
With marginal cooling and bigger-taller tracks, all sleds today, if adding NA HP, it becomes a concern (if they have a gauge to watch).
So I'm looking for a way to get rid of the heat, without adding weight, or needing to build a 87 octane motor.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
The axys already has a bypass tstat so it is very much like the pro with the trs kit installed.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Bypass stat, par head and 2.6 track I run 98 in snow (moderate throttle). Also have a different fuel map from Jim at dynotech, might be part of the cool running?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
IMO the reason the AXYS runs cooler is because the crossover tube at the rear of the cooler is no longer restricted like the pro was. It is now the same size as the coolers are which increases flow and the heat exchange.

Premium Features