• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 m8 trenching advice

G
Sep 11, 2008
I have a 11 m8 sno pro 162 that trenches like nothing else. We have tried all the little adjustment tricks we know and it still won't dream of staying on top of the snow. The sled is bone stock and I have had other m's that went better than this. I am a bc tree rider mostly so what I am looking for is some advice/confirmation on what direction I am going to take. Planning on buying the mountain tamer and a 2.6 claw for it. From what I have read on here that is the way to go. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks much

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Maybe adjust your limiter strap shorter so the approach angle of track is shallower.

I would never do that, every setup I have ever tested I always wound up with the limiters all the way out.
Approach angle doesn't mean anything if the suspension is adjusted right.
example: Just look at the pro the angle is steeper than anything out there and it gets on the snow faster.

I also prefer the kmod over the mtn tamer because of the equal length arms and 100% adjust-ability, where the tamer doesn't. Not to say its not a good option as long as you get the newest version (the old tamer is junk and I would buy a stock skid over it)

G
Sep 11, 2008
I did notice that on the pros also. I did put the straps all the way up just to try it and then proceeded to put them all the way back out because it was worse. Ive been looking into the kmod also. Thank you

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I just did the geo thing on my 10' M8 162". Heading somewhere west next week to give it a try. I'm not sure how it will all turn out, even with the front skid shock fairly loose the front of the track is carrying most of the weight sitting on the shop floor. Front paddles are folded over and the back ones don't touch.

G
Sep 11, 2008
Diggerdown let me know how it works. sounds like there is alot of pressure on the front. but obviously the way it was set up wasnt working anyways. Its worth a shot!!!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
The Geo mod works like a dream, makes it so the thing will fall over without any effort and gets on the snow faster. I had to decrease front pressure and increase rear because of my size when I make movements its hard to balance as easy as it was. (on a 2010 m8 153)

F

forreboy

May 17, 2008
Sweden
I found out that my m8 2011 trenched more with geo mod than stock. I went back to stock but front are still in lower hole.

Skickat från min LT15i via Tapatalk 2

T
Sep 22, 2008
I tryed the geo mod...on a stock 153 2010 sno-pro It did get the front end up, but in the real steep it wanted to wheelie over , thus backing off,thus not climbimg.trenched.Replaced the rear fox float with a zbroz set to my weight,, front shock 4 theads showing what a differance,The proplem is the fox float on this style of skid,Thats my 2cents

G
Sep 11, 2008
Would it be best to do the geo mod and buy a 2.6 claw or should i just try the geo mod and keep the 2.25 claw to start? thanks for all the info really appreciate it!

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I'll let you know what I think of it when I get back, won't be until the 27th. Mine is a 162 and shocks are revalved, only difference might be is rider weight. I'm 6'4" and go about 240, so geared up I imagain it's around 280 so I sink it in pretty good.

Premium Features