• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

head cam clips, riding in WA

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Didn't get a chance to film much but got a little, don't let the camera angle fool you its a little steeper than it looks but not extremely steep, watch the trees and tracks. Crazy how much more you can do at lower elevation with a solid base on a stock 153.

Tried to ride sat but way to wet to catch vid and left early because of weather.

look for the slow speed down hill sidehill, no way your going to do it this smooth on a stocker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
Ummm... ok

IMO (and it will not set well with you) is that sled looks like it is a hand full to ride versus stock. I didn't see anything you did on that steep side hill my M1100 wouldn't do. Sorry not buying the narrower running boards helped that sled over stock. Looks like it is very tippy and washes out too easy. IMO. For you it may work tons better over stock but in those videos it doesn't look like it. If so great job on making a great sled work for you.

ApeSh*tBananas

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2008
Conway
Didn't get a chance to film much but got a little, don't let the camera angle fool you its a little steeper than it looks but not extremely steep, watch the trees and tracks. Crazy how much more you can do at lower elevation with a solid base on a stock 153.

Tried to ride sat but way to wet to catch vid and left early because of weather.

look for the slow speed down hill sidehill, no way your going to do it this smooth on a stocker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBKF7RlyN00

Where at in washington was this?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
IMO (and it will not set well with you) is that sled looks like it is a hand full to ride versus stock. I didn't see anything you did on that steep side hill my M1100 wouldn't do. Sorry not buying the narrower running boards helped that sled over stock. Looks like it is very tippy and washes out too easy. IMO. For you it may work tons better over stock but in those videos it doesn't look like it. If so great job on making a great sled work for you.

Factor in, there wasn't much fresh snow (maybe 1ft) and it was fluff, then the stuff underneath had been rained on and was slick. That alone most can't even handle. Like I said it doesn't look steep, you would be surprised at how steep it was. I will eventually get more video, not from the head cam, that will show more of what I am talking about. As for your 1100 doing it, not a chance in heII, sorry but it isn't happening.

I just had the video so I posted it,
no worries though I don't take offense, as the video does not do justice. To those that think its weak, lets see your head cam vid's.
But the stock PC flat out does not down hill sidehill.

Last edited:

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

Look at the trees near the end of the second video on the RH sidehill. that one would be difficult on any green, blue or yellow fat fendered unit...

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Factor in, there wasn't much fresh snow (maybe 1ft) and it was fluff, then the stuff underneath had been rained on and was slick. That alone most can't even handle. Like I said it doesn't look steep, you would be surprised at how steep it was. I will eventually get more video, not from the head cam, that will show more of what I am talking about. As for your 1100 doing it, not a chance in heII, sorry but it isn't happening.

no worries though I don't take offense, as the video does not do justice. To those that think its weak, lets see your head cam vid's.

That's the way the snow almost always is around here, sloppy, a bit heavy and a nice layer of ice under there...LOL. Was that near Baker?....looks familiar I think.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I was surprised how fluffy the snow on top was, at least for the day.

I'm not sure where it was but I think it was referred to as glacier. I think north side, but not sure, ask SHOP.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Last edited by a moderator:

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming

Ok I'll give ya the snow was the type you could easily wash out on. But still looks like a handful. Oh ya the M3500 could easily follow those lines.:face-icon-small-hap It does happen. I do have video. They are to big and I dont know how to edit. Your sled does sound good though. I love the Cat lay down twin.

RickM: Trees near the end of second video? Don't look like much. My 1100 side hills very easy on very steep and not so steep. Trees or no trees.

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Cool vids Wyo. One of the reasons I don't care much for pictures and video while we are riding is because it never looks as steep or cool no matter what you do. That looks like a fun area though.

FMF silencer sounds good. I still don't think there is a sweeter sounding sled with a can than an 800 cat (HPS is the way to go though... IMO)...

I have to give credit where it's due Wyo and it looks like you've got that Cat working pretty well. Could the 1100t guys ride that terrain? Tough to tell from the video how steep it really is but I know I was more comfortable on my Pro than the 1100t (vertical steering and 38" stance could change that).

Thanks for sharing.

Joe

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Ok I'll give ya the snow was the type you could easily wash out on. But still looks like a handful. Oh ya the M3500 could easily follow those lines.:face-icon-small-hap It does happen. I do have video. They are to big and I dont know how to edit. Your sled does sound good though. I love the Cat lay down twin.

RickM: Trees near the end of second video? Don't look like much. My 1100 side hills very easy on very steep and not so steep. Trees or no trees.

Where are you, lets get together and settle it then, if you come to me and prove me wrong I will give you $$$ to compensate for your fuel, can't be much since you are in WY. I would love to see it. Or you can reimburse me, just to keep it honest.

Not trying to be a dick, even though it may seem as such, I just want to see it.

It wasn't really a hand full either, the fact it looks that way should tell you its a lot steep than it appears, and a lot more technical.

Last edited:
G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I have rode both quite a bit and the 1100 t does not handle as well as the regular PC, not even close in the tight, steep, thick stuff. JMO

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Nice videos wyo. I love riding that kind of stuff, although a few more trees to make it more interesting would be more fun.

You should try a different set of skis. Makes a big difference. I love the Powder Pros.

I really don't mind the downhill sidehill descents on the proclimb at all.

Sled does sound good for sure.

So are you noticing a big difference with the narrower boards?

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
Maybe you guys just don't have any upper body strength and that's why you can't handle the 1100t. I can throw it around just fine, ya it's deff more weight to throw around than the 800 but it's still doable. Maybe it's cause you spend more time talking sh*t on here than riding/working out. Just my 2 cents........... I can't believe I paid to read all this gossip about who's better than who and where people are gona meet to show one another up. We should be asking people how they are going about fixing problems with their sleds and finding new people to ride with to have fun not to show up one another.:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Maybe you guys just don't have any upper body strength and that's why you can't handle the 1100t. I can throw it around just fine, ya it's deff more weight to throw around than the 800 but it's still doable. Maybe it's cause you spend more time talking sh*t on here than riding/working out. Just my 2 cents........... I can't believe I paid to read all this gossip about who's better than who and where people are gona meet to show one another up. We should be asking people how they are going about fixing problems with their sleds and finding new people to ride with to have fun not to show up one another.:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::peace:

I want to see it so I can learn, so pretty much doing what you just said. If you think I'm weak I would like to see you ride too. The trees I'm riding in are wide open IMO. If you paid any attention you would also realize I have spent tons of money and time making my sled better and telling everyone why and how. You really stuck your head where the sun doesn't shine with those comments. I also will help or teach anyone that wants help or to learn. I never said I was better either.

Here is the real question where I want proof.

I am the only one that knows the difference, unless someone else has heavily modified the chassis, so with that said when someone argues with me and I know the difference,,,,, well you can imagine I want to see it.

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
I sent WyoBoy a PM before he came to WA and said I would take him riding while he was in WA or find some other boys that would show him the land if I was busy. I didn't even get a response.

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
Wyoboy-Did you not read the last line of Hillclimbpros post.

Your posts are starting to all sound the same....."put up or shut up". This isn't a playground it's a forum. Share your skill and knowledge (of which you have both) and leave your ego and immaturity at home.

Premium Features