• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Changing Tracks

Chris6060

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2009
Fort St. John, British Columbia
Hey guys, I'm looking for some guidance on changing out a track off my M7 onto my M800. I have a 2.5" 156" Challenger Extreme on the M7.

Will this track make my M800 a trencher? Do I need a different skid or will the 153" skid I have extend far enough? I've never changed a track before, so if someone could write out how to do so on both the '05 M7 and my 2012 M800, it would be greatly appreciated!

I know I'm capable of it, as I've rebuilt the entire motor on my M7 myself before, I just don't wanna tear into the chaincase and diamond drive completely blind.

Thanks guys!

Chris6060

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2009
That's my biggest problem with the Powerclaw, the braking is HORRIBLE compared to the 2.5. My Powerclaw slides down hills that my M7 with the CE would have stopped in the middle of without hesitating.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
a good clutch kit is always a good idea. i have a cutler setup on mine (running a cutler turbo) and it is way better than stock. clutches are substantially cooler when comparing to the exact same sled, after same pull, with same venting.

Chris6060

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2009
I'm just not sure if I really wanna mess with clutching on this sled, the clutching seems perfect for me how it is and I really don't want any problems like I had with my M7's clutching.

I wanna learn about clutching, just not on THIS sled, but next season we'll be doing some clutch work on my M7, so I'll hopefully learn basics.

I was really hoping I could just put the track and a 20 tooth gear on without messing with the clutching. I just really don't need the 100+km/h top end this thing has.

Premium Features