• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6 test results

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Cat tecs had a chart with test results. Average of 5 mph faster
Than 2.25 pc up hill in I believe 1 foot powder. Also said lowering
Suspension for clearance helped sled jump out of snow alot quicker.

powder pounder

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
They'd go even faster without those ghey windshields:face-icon-small-ton

I'm excited to ride a sled with this track on, I think it's gonna be a big difference.

They had a chart for that too. 1mph slower but 6 degrees warmer.Sure they were responsable for the seat warmers aswell.

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
Are these the same techs that tested the 2012 models for three years before they were released? Probably got the extra speed because the 2013 is geared down a little from the 2012! I think I'll be a little conservative in my approach this upgrading to an expensive new track. I need the money for clutching, snow screens, panel braces, steering upgrade, torque link motor mount, and belts!:face-icon-small-win

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Does anyone know about gearing changes or driver changes for the 2.6 in 2013?

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I imagine that it would be critical for belt life to be gearing the 13s down to pull that taller track. I didn't know if AC would want more driver/track/cooler clearance. I want to gear my 12 down and maybe go to a taller track and wanted to be sure I went about doing it the best way. For sure I am going to do a 20t top sprocket before next year.

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
In my opinion, going to the 20 tooth on top is the single best thing you can do for these sleds for belt life and performance. I heard the 2013's will be geared lower, but, I don't necessarily think it was because the track lugs are 3 and a half tenths of an inch taller!

R

realbass

Feb 3, 2009
Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Hi guys.

2602-481 15-IN. X 153-IN. X 2.60-IN. - POWER CLAW (80 Duro)

2602-482 15-IN. X 153-IN. X 2.60-IN. - POWER CLAW HC (85 Duro)

what does mean duro 80 and 85. What is the difference?

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
geared my 800 down and it is a must... way better performance, rode 3' of pow yesterday and was hammering the sled and clutches all day, clutches were hot, im not going to say they were not, but i did not blow a belt (083) and performance was strong, these really are great sleds, seems the jackshaft update is working so far, along with the lower gear! clutching is still stock.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
gears

geared my 800 down and it is a must... way better performance, rode 3' of pow yesterday and was hammering the sled and clutches all day, clutches were hot, im not going to say they were not, but i did not blow a belt (083) and performance was strong, these really are great sleds, seems the jackshaft update is working so far, along with the lower gear! clutching is still stock.

Can not stress enough about gearing down... What size is the secondary on the pro climb? The M chassis I believe was smaller than the 1 M in diameter and with that making the drive train even higher geared.. I use to think that 2,26 was a good ratio but with all of the belt issues now I think something closer to 2.45 or 2.50 is in order. Taking into consideration these new more aggressive tracks and all........ Track speed on a stand for a stock sled should be no more than 60 mph turbo sleds can get away with a little more because with the power you can throw more weight at the primary clutch and most likely get away with it. But a stock sled ,,,,, 50 to 60 mph on the hill is about it. Cooler clutches and belt for sure.

Premium Features