• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt issue poll

Belt Issues

• 020 belt, issues went away

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
5 belts in 300 or so miles.

Ive tried about everything possible besides changing the secondary. Ive even pulled cords while breaking the dang thing in.

Currently have MDS weights gold primary, stock secondary and extra engine mounts and torque arm mounts. Nuts tight on the jack shaft and with the updated shim kit installed, clutches are aligned. The last belt pulled a cord on the first hill after being broken in for about 25 miles. Clutches are extremely hot with the secondary getting much hotter then the primary.

Also have one blown belt on our 1100t It had 250 trail miles and 120 on the mountain.

P
Jan 1, 2012
We need a cure for this!

Hope the "last bulletin" fix the problem.
Somthing is wrog with a large number of sleds.
Half season ruind due to "belt back orders"!!!
Our sleds are also killing belts during breakin!

This year i have spent more on belts then on gas, in Swedon one gallon is 11dollar.

I ride skidoo before and yes there were belt issuses then. But notthing compereing to this!!!

About "only ten peole starting these threads" Funny that 33 000 read!!!!

K

kjackson

Nov 27, 2011
between my sled and the other 6 pro climbs I ride with we have blown one belt with a total of around 3500 miles between all the sleds. All stock clutching, riding in togwotee and alpine 6-10K ft.

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK
All Stock PC 141 500 miles 1 belt

Never seen a belt look like that, more like a rats nest from a casting reel sing spider wire than a belt. Biggest chunks of belt was 3"- 4" with a loose band and threads.

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
My option not available in the poll. 500 miles on Cutler primary setup and no belt issues 6-10k riding mostly in the Rockies, no Sierra slop to ride so no tropical snow condition reports to share. You folks in Alaska could send some snow this way we would really appreciate it :)

B

BoxStock

Mar 25, 2008
450 miles same belt, no easy miles either near WOT to and from high country or running deep heavy powder 6K - 10K elevation). Everytime I check the clutches they are unbelieveably cool. I have posted before, everyone I know that had problems fixed it with the taper nut on the jackshaft. But, apparently there must be some other problems out there. Found mine at 30lbs, I tightned to 45lbs. I am running the Cat vented sides, I frogskinned all intakes on hood and clutch. Covered stator rotor. Run Dakota Performance 66's and Cat Gold, stock sec. Leaving again this week, will be running with 3 other Pro Climbs and 3 2012 Pro's. So far the only place Pro has won is they have a hell of a hole shot on groomed trail. Anywhere else the Cat comes out better and keeps on pulling, all 485lbs or what ever. I like the looks of the Bradley Torque Stop so added that this weekend, excellent workmanship, went to 20 tooth top, and HPS can. Hopefully it kicks.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I find it very odd that your clutches are unbelievably cool. Its good to hear someone is having some good luck with this sled. I personally have not seen one PC this year that did not have extremely high belt/clutch temps. Even trail rides seem to cause the clutches to get hot enough to boil water. We have one sled running Dakota weights as well and it is no better then the rest.

Either there is something drastically different between some sleds or there is a big difference in how people ride or what terrain they ride in. I ride with 5 different PC's including a 1100t (yes you can ride them hard in the trees but god is it a lot of work), all different build dates and all have the same issues. Cant keep a belt for more then a day or two, or sometimes even 10 mins. The only guys that I know who have had good luck with belts are the open bowl, sit at the bottom and watch, trial riding type, who like to talk a lot at the end of the day. Not saying thats always the case just what I have personally seen this year.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I would like to ride a good one to see what happens. I can't say for sure but I think my dealer is having problems with all the sleds he runs and all the guys we ride with, but I havent heard since the update if they are better or not.

I think geo was on to something with it having to be just right or the secondary doesn't sit flat from every angle.

K

Kbakbmr

Nov 28, 2009
Palmer, AK
Our dealer said he had a sled come in yesterday and the primary was out of balance 9 GRAMS!! I'm getting mine balanced ASAP

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
My first belt is seperating below the cord at 155 miles. My dealer is sending me a new belt and asked me to send the old one back to them.

K

klim&Cat

Nov 23, 2008
Perkinsville Indiana
am riding with 6 proclimbs 300 to 800 mile on each sled my sled has 800 miles 1 belt on it none on others, riding done at togwotee and alpine all GREAT sleds no problems
bob likens

Premium Features