• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Garmin 655t Issues

WyoRMK

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Laramie, Wyoming
Anyone having problems with their 655t? They seem to be new enough, can't find any info!

Went to charge my 655t last night! After about 30 minutes I grabbed it and it was really hot. Screen was distorted. Unplugged the charger, removed the battery and let it cool down. It was still showing 65% charge, same as when I plugged it in. Tried it several times same result. Now any time tha battery is on it, it heats up even if it is turned off.

Guess we will see how good Garmins service and Warranty are!

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
I had a battery issue with mine I discovered this weekend. I had used my 655t all during deer and elk season with good results, and the last few trips snowmobiling have been great as well. I took it out to charge it last week, and it would not turn on (thinking it was a completely dead battery). I plugged it in, it powered right on, but it showed just a plugged in icon, and not a charging screen like it normally does. I unplugged it from the wall - and it turned off like I would have pulled the battery off while running on battery.

Luckily I have an alkaline battery pack for mine, and it works great with that installed on it. Looks like the battery that came with mine is toast. I too sent an e-mail to talk to Garmin support, hopefully they will be good about it and replace the battery at least.

WyoRMK

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Laramie, Wyoming
Interesting...

Now that you mention the dead like battery. Mine did the same thing, only i took the battery off and then reinstalled. it came on and acted normal, but now I am having the Charging issues!

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Interesting...

Now that you mention the dead like battery. Mine did the same thing, only i took the battery off and then reinstalled. it came on and acted normal, but now I am having the Charging issues!

I just sent mine back as well . Fully charge then turn on for 30 min. then turn it off, Grab it a few days later and dead batt. Something is draining this thing?

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
I have to say, Garmin support did their job well today. I sent an e-mail this weekend when I discovered the dead battery issue, and today they confirmed my shipping address and are sending a new battery and charger. Makes me think there is a known issue with the charger and battery, I would think they would have wanted me to troubleshoot some more before offering to send a new one. Good on them though, hope the new one just works.

WyoRMK

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Laramie, Wyoming
I got a response from them today, They are having me send mine in to be repaired.

Not sure i like the fact that it is 3 weeks old and I have to pay to send it it!

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Where did you buy it? Will they replace over the counter?

Premium Features