• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro Climb Opinions

What do you think of the pro climb?

• Have one; love it

Votes: 173 52.3%
  • Have one; not sure yet

Votes: 80 24.2%
  • Have one; hate it

Votes: 30 9.1%
  • Where's my M?

Votes: 48 14.5%

• Total voters

CATDIESELPOWER

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2009
IDAHO
How is the pc faster? Isn't the 800the same as 2011 M, plus the pc is fatter. Trying to decide on maybe next year pro ( cat or polaris) or found a few new holdover 2011 m8 for around $8500-$8900. Does that price sound any good? Lot less than $13000 !!!!

bamf

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2008
NESD
Xfire8. Post the picks of my sled. Good thing I have a 48' enclosed trailer so we can haul enough parts beer tools rum and sled lifts to fix this POS that cat calls a new sled. I will say that this is the easiest sled I have ever handled and it is snappier and faster than the '10 m8. But to give up reliability for a couple of pounds. Ac needs to make a sled that can hit rocks and trees like the m8. I have ridden enough and know enough people that ride that know the manufacturers need to make a reliable sled that can ride and hold together. This whining about weight is bs. I have never been in a situation where ten less pounds would have kept me from getting stuck. Like I said xfire. Post the picks of my front end.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
We are starting over. Been here, done this. The M is probably the best mountain sled ever up to this point. The Pro RMK is a great sled. The ProClimb is going to be a great sled. They all have bugs, and the low snow conditions sure to make us mad at this whole situation, but it is what is it.

I love it. The seatwarmer rocks!

L

lcoop

Oct 14, 2009
AB, MT
The good:

Ride is great once u are used to it. This takes some time if you have been on a m for a lot of years. Down hill turning is not the same. If u put your inside leg all the way forward and outside leg at the back of the running board it downhill turns great. Power is awesome. It gets up on the snow good with some suspension adjustment. It feels much lighter than it is. Front suspension is so much better than the m. Jumps great. Not near as tired or sore in the arms compared to the m.

The bad:

3 belts in 650 miles and I think I'm one of the lucky guys. Belt chatter drives me nuts. I have always hated the adjustable riser and this year there is so much steering slop. It doesn't turn sharp enough. I only notice it when side hilling and doing a really sharp turn. Snow Ingestion is crazy. I have a vent kit and everything sealed up but still get lots of snow in the clutches and on the exhaust side. I blame this on crappy panels and just the general fit and finish. Seat is way too high. I'm 5'9" and catch my feet on the seat. No storage sucks.

I thought about getting a rmk but spent a couple hours riding my buddies and I do like my cat much better. The kind of technical tree riding we do I can't ride a skidoo to save my life. There are a few guy that can ride skidoos in trees but I think they work way harder. I'll stick with the proclimb even with all the issues because for me it is still the best choice for the kind of riding i do. My dealer has made a big influence in my choice as well. The Polaris shop suck around here. My cat dealer has never let me down. They Warrenty everything and I've never missed a weekend of sledding because my sled has been in the shop

Looking forward to the 4-8 feet they are predicting in MT this week.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Xfire8. Post the picks of my sled. Good thing I have a 48' enclosed trailer so we can haul enough parts beer tools rum and sled lifts to fix this POS that cat calls a new sled. I will say that this is the easiest sled I have ever handled and it is snappier and faster than the '10 m8. But to give up reliability for a couple of pounds. Ac needs to make a sled that can hit rocks and trees like the m8. I have ridden enough and know enough people that ride that know the manufacturers need to make a reliable sled that can ride and hold together. This whining about weight is bs. I have never been in a situation where ten less pounds would have kept me from getting stuck. Like I said xfire. Post the picks of my front end.

IMG_0377.jpgIMG_0378.jpg

toesmack

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2008
Reno, NV
First impression of the ProClimb is pretty positive. Got about 80 miles on it now, (same belt) and I like it much better than I ever liked my 09 M8. Power is excellent, factory clutching is spot on (first time for that!) Factory seat is the most comfortable (factory seat) I have ever had. Steering effort is much lower than the M8, but this is accomplished at the expense of a tight turning radius. Really like the high rise seat, and have not sucked the snow flap yet. Feels fairly light and flickable. Throttle response is excellent.

Downers. Fuel tank and oil tank filler necks are a joke. The first warning that you are full is the overflo on the trailer floor and your ruined shoes. Fuel tank is a bit small, and there is no storage. I wonder who decided this was a good idea? Windshield is worthless except to collect ice which then rattles till you dig it out. Needs to turn the skis tighter. Thumb warmer not very effective, but hand warmers are excellent.

Looking forward to the updates. Think Cat will actually fix the ones already sold? Sure hope so.:face-icon-small-coo

rockdog2112

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2008
Cheyenne,Wy USA
93 miles on Saturday. Not much good snow to be found but I love this thing so far. Granted, I only have 147 miles on it but I love it. I hope I don't experience the problems some are having. It hooks up like nobody's business and lays over very nice and I can get it stuck on top of logs and trees even better than my old M. lol.

psychosledder73

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Fernie BC

Looks like you hit a tree what the hell are you bitching about. 48' foot trailer must be a overpaid albertan

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
I have an 08 M1000 162 sno pro. This weekend I got the chance to ride a pro climb 800 sno pro, and a skidoo free ride. I really liked both sleds a lot. Way easier to sidehill, and steering was so much lighter on both. I could not believe how much snap they both had. Makes riding my old warpig depressing. I am going to hold out till next year for a new sled though. I can't wait for my new pro climb! It will be great!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Fixed the steering and the sled works way better, but its to wide on the side panels and running boards. 4" wider than a pro and you can tell the difference, but it handles great up to the point they drag. Its responsive but there is more to be had with good clutching. Rolls over easier than the any of the other sleds (no tipping point it just rolls) but like I said it hits the side panels and wont hold as steep of a sidehill as the pro or M. Get up on the snow a lot quicker than the M, feels light when riding and is very responsive to rider input. Has the best all around ride. To much snow buildup, it ices down both sides of the running boards and all the way back, and because of the tappered tunnel it builds up ice inside the tunnel too, WTF (tapered tunnel is retreaded IMO)
Blew a belt 156miles (wtf) hope someone figures that out soon.

My plans
add vents and frog skins
Will be cutting down the running boards and sucking in the side panels soon, and making it so there is better traction and less snow buildup. Ditch the rear bumper and do something like a VE rear tunnel bumper to try and cut down on snow build up, (prob a tunnel wrap too)
KMOD will be going under it this week,
MDS clutch weights are on the way, will see what they will do first then I plan on adding a team tied secondary to see if I can get some more.
Build a mesh hood and custom intake, then prob a turbo.
All I need is time and a little more $$$

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
i too think junking the whole intake is in mines future, blocking off the nose cone and coming strait up the ecu, build a custom hood.

i just talked to 907riders.com about building me a set of skinnier standing rails we will see hes fabbing them up for another rider.

think he was talking about just pulling in the fat cheecks on it where the plastics attach and where you stand. the tapered tunnel i think extended the wells out.

i still havnt decided which steering method to go with..

im really happy with mine handling and toughness wise. been a solid sled aside from my belt issue.

-Aksnopro

toesmack

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2008
Reno, NV
Found that I get way less snow build up on the running boards than the M8, nearly none actually. One small change that is actually a pretty big improvement, relocating the starter handle to the center of the console. No more smashing my knee into it 10 time a ride and can start it with either hand from either side. Really nice if you are not sitting flat, or against trailer wall with gas can racks in the way.

Skis seem to submarine excessivly at low speed. Will get some Simmons very soon. Gotta do something to improve steering angle also.

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
Gotta rant....

So you were drunk and while you were loading your sled into your 48 ft trailer you hit the side of the door and its a POS. Good thing you got a 48 ft trailer with lots of beer, parts and a sled lift to fix it with all the people you know, and they know people that know you have a 48 ft trailer with lots of beer, parts and sled lifts and lots of people you know inside it.

No I take that back. So you were out riding and something happened and either lost the sled and it hit a tree or hit something like a tree unintentionally and the front end got damaged. So how does this make it a POS? The sled is strong and will take a hit too an extent. Sleds are not intended to take on anything but snow. I don't see how something the rider does to the sled make's it a weak POS.

I was not there nor do I know what happened but sleds just don't get damaged like that riding them up and down snow covered mts in the back country far from trails like we ride. I know there is things hidden under the snow that we hit and get bucked off and the sled goes on a ghost ride into a hard stop. Well that is the risk of back country riding we all love. Don't blame it on the sled being a POS. Man up and take some responsibility for the consequences of your actions

I think with the lack of snow the west has people are anxious to ride and are hitting things and thing are getting bent. That hardly makes Arctic Cat unable to build a sled that can take a hit. I've got over 300 miles on my sled and haven't had this much fun on a sled since my 05 M7.

Let it snow!

Dec 7, 2007
Saskatchewan
First impressions 2012 M8

Have a 12 Poo Assault and a 12 M8 to compare in our fleet.
I have 200 miles on the Assault.
I have no time on the M8 yet. Heading to West Yellowstone this weekend so will get a chance to ride the M8. Looking forward to it very much. Heard alot of hype about it. It will have to be good as the Assault is incredable. Polaris got the formula right on these sleds. Not so sure about the kitty.
I like to compare the sleds strengths and weaknesses. So far the Cat is not fairing well in static comparisons. Hope it rides and handles better than the fit and finish. Really like the new look of the sled..finally.
Cat telescoping bars...this is a joke. There is no reason for so much slop. Manufacturing tooling can easily produce far better results than what I see.
Check out the Poo steering folks. NO slop. No one can argue this.
Cat seat. Not only does it not feel right in any postion to me, it is too soft. Feels like someone forgot to install the foam. Assault...Perfect shape and foam density for me. I hate the look of the Cat seats. Looks like a box on aluminum. Good thing I stand up ride mostly.
Remove the cowling and check out the structure on both side by side...Night and day difference in design and strength. Poo wins here to. Better stop my rant. Starting to sound like may riding bud who owns many cats including older M8s and bleeds green. He is totally disappointed in the new models.
Each to his own I guess. Will let yoall know my riding impressions which I think will be far better than my static observations. :face-icon-small-hap

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
You can really tell the difference between performance minded riders vs average riders.

who uses a seat, who cares what it looks like, vs does it perform - yes, both sleds do, both have advantages and disadvantages and depends on rider style or how much you want to mod.

I think mine is orange?

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Tuff to be Cat these days. 1 st year releases can be a bugger .

Last edited:
Premium Features