• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trying to move ski's to inside stance

B
Jan 21, 2003
I was going to swap the ski's to the narrow stance on my 11 pro, but when I pulled the ski off I could not get the pin that holds the spacers to move, any tricks anyone ran into this problem and what did you do to fix it?

R
Mar 2, 2008
Kindred, ND
impact wrench and just unscrew the bolt out of the spindle be careful not to gall the threads, if you use a hammer screw the nut back on until its flush with the end of the bolt and hit that until it pops loose, safer and shouldnt wreck the threads.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Any trick to putting it back in? Does the weight of the sled on the ski get it to line up or do you have to lift up or push down on the spindle to get the bolt through?

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
hammer and drift punch, then sand,scotchbrite,polish and antiseize everything when it goes back togeather and next time slips right apart for ya

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Hey Matt it is easier to tip sled on it's side and work on the skis. Also check that rubber pc if damaged get new ones only like $4.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Just like Exh. Valves.. Things get Dirty and NEED to be Cleaned and Re Greased!!!

I have done this 3 times already in 1600 miles..

Funny thing is.. i can push them out with my finger! :)

Also Replace the rubber pad.. each year

I thought I was the only one who cleaned, anti siezed the skis, and replaced the ski rubbers every season. It's amazing to see the crap that builds up in there. I also drilled a dozen little holes in the skis so the water can drain out (make sure you don't drill forward and make snow snakes while you ride).

Premium Features