• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007-2008 diamond drive

Anybody else having problems with it sticking in reverse. I had to get pulled out yesterday.This is the second time its in for warranty for hanging up in reverse. The first time it bent the shift fork because it hung in between rev and forward. I hope for 2009 cat has rer for the reverse.I think bpr's patent runs out after 7 years [ i hope].

B
Nov 26, 2007
ak
check the belt deflection if it is to tight it will hang up the reverse solinoid....

and if u should have a problem out in the woods there is a two wire plug on the near the solinoind area i think its for one of the sensors inside the dd but if u unplug this u can get here to into forward again...:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
please expand on this blome750. Are you talking about the servo motor thingy in the left footwell just above the Diamond Drive? Heard of anyone removing the servo motor and reverse gearing? I know BD Extreme sells an aftermarket DD for $600 but I am wondering if we can do it at home.

check the belt deflection if it is to tight it will hang up the reverse solinoid....

and if u should have a problem out in the woods there is a two wire plug on the near the solinoind area i think its for one of the sensors inside the dd but if u unplug this u can get here to into forward again...:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;
Mine keeps binding up inside. I tried everything i could in the woods but it is just bound up.We took the motor out and tried to do it manually but it was stuck.Thanks for the input.:beer;:beer;

B
Nov 26, 2007
ak
Mine keeps binding up inside. I tried everything i could in the woods but it is just bound up.We took the motor out and tried to do it manually but it was stuck.Thanks for the input.:beer;:beer;

if u look just below the reverse solinoid there is a sensor the and it has a black wire and a purple wire coming out of it...if u unplug this it will help to get the sled back in forward...reason i know was i had reclutched my sled and had my belt deflection to tight and as a quick fix(middle of the street cars piling up) i just reached inside the clutch side there and found this sensor wires and unpluged them....solinoid popped into forward and she worked great...left it unpluged....:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

Premium Features