• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pipe paint / coating

G
Oct 24, 2009
hi guys , i have twin cpc pipes on my 1000 , i wanna do some maintainance on them , what kinda paint works on pipes and or where can i get them ceramic coated in alberta , shipping or delivery isnt an issue!!
what works and what do you recommend , thanks , i appreciate your input!!!

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
To paint the pipes, I've used hi-temp paint used for bar-b-cue grills and it has worked as good as any other paint out there imo. If you want them coated, I just had my twin cpc pipes coated from www.swaintech.com for about $200 for everything (pipes, headers, and muffler). I haven't tried the coated pipes yet, but they should hold up pretty well.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Top Gun in Calgary

hi guys , i have twin cpc pipes on my 1000 , i wanna do some maintainance on them , what kinda paint works on pipes and or where can i get them ceramic coated in alberta , shipping or delivery isnt an issue!!
what works and what do you recommend , thanks , i appreciate your input!!!
If looking for local ceramic coating, Top Gun in Calgary does good work.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I had my stuff sandblasted and put on multiple thin coats of VHT header paint. Still on there 2 years later.

If you keep the road salt/crap off them, it'll last a LONG time.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Lake Tapps, Wa
Another vote for BBQ paint. I did the twins on my m7 about 4 or 5 years ago and they are just now getting to the point of needing to be repainted. I just used sandpaper to get the rust off and sprayed away. Just kept painting till the can ran out.

R
Feb 24, 2009
Gunnison, Co
To paint the pipes, I've used hi-temp paint used for bar-b-cue grills and it has worked as good as any other paint out there imo. If you want them coated, I just had my twin cpc pipes coated from www.swaintech.com for about $200 for everything (pipes, headers, and muffler). I haven't tried the coated pipes yet, but they should hold up pretty well.

I agree with the bbq paint, I have used it on stock exhaust pipes and it lasts a few years and its cheep!

Premium Features