• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BELT FIBERS/STRANDS IN Driven clutch

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
Spread your clutch sheaves like you're going to change the belt and start cutting and unwinding the cords.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Yes, cut/snip as possible. We used a tree saw on the trail once but be careful about scratching the sheaves.

Open up the sheaves as if changing a belt. I suppose there is a way to do that with the clutch off the machine too but I haven't had need to do that. Maybe a long bolt thru a few pieces of wood or old hifax.

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
It seems that's its nearly all the way apart and just crammed full of strands.. I am making little head way in getting it back to normal.. I am thinking maybe just take the whole secondary apart.. Also can't figure out a way to make sure there fully extended with it off....any buddy wanna shed some :light: for me on those two ideas?

If your wondering why its off the machine its cause I sheared the carriage bolt that goes into the spline of the dd trying to open the sheaves more after I pulverized the belt in the woods. Belt literally rained a asbestos type substance all over under the hood.. Biggest piece was maybe 1"x1"

Last edited:

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Just take it apart its a lot easier then you think. Unless you have a torsional secondary then you might need a second person to put it back on but still only takes a few extra minutes.

Premium Features