• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power Valve Delete kit?

greenspeed

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Anchorage, AK
I found a used set of STM valves and replaced my servo unit with them. I have always had a slight lean bog at about 5500 or 6000 rpm but after installing the stm valves it all went away. The seat of the pants feel to me is a crisper run and a little harder pull all the way through the power band. I'm happy I got them. Along with loosing a couple pounds I eliminated a potential problem. I was dreading having to adjusting those cables. Per your cost of replacement of the servo and cables you are at the cost of New STM valves anyway. I know they are spendy and STM's customer service is not the best but those valves do work. I'm just suprised no one else with a little machine shop is not building them. After all they are not super complicated. Competition is always good.

wouldn't take long in solidworks or cad to put something together for a CNC...hummmm

@m8 magic...I have a FSM so I will check to be sure it's even a ground. Judging by it being black and clearly missing any lead...I assume it is a ground from around the tank area...

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
The valves in the link are no cheaper in fact more than the stm valves as they are canablizing your servo valves it sounds like to me. with the stm you have your complete set if ever needed again or possibly sell them for a few bucks.

snownman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
I have a set...

cheap. Don't ask how much i liked them... $100.00 for the kit if you want it

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
The valves in the link are no cheaper in fact more than the stm valves as they are canablizing your servo valves it sounds like to me. with the stm you have your complete set if ever needed again or possibly sell them for a few bucks.

Maybe I missed something, but they just look like the older STM valves... didn't see anything about using your parts?

it has a chip to override the servo, like the others.

fordpickupman, quite seriously I think on the M7 you'd be really surprised to see how much better your bottom end could be. The only sled I'd run deletes on ever is the 1000, one of mine they were pretty decent on, the other they were pretty bad. They also make your sled loud as SH** at low RPM which sucks in the parking lot or just in general near other folks.

arcticcatwill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, id
I put BDX deletes in my 09 1000 w/ full speedwerx and sno pro intake. Made the bottom end a little smoother. And my EGTs are a little more true reading IMO.

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
Backcountry, you're probably right about the bottom end. I don't know. I am pretty happy with the sled and still learning how it works (long time Polaris guy). Not having the retarded cables and servo motor is a plus in my book. However, if I had the money, I'd put the STMs in it. Maybe this summer.
As far as noise, it's not that loud. Louder than stock, as it has a Sno Pro intake and a tunnel dump can on it. Like I said, I didn't ride it with the valves in it, so I don't know what difference it made. I also don't have the stock parts.

FORDpickupman

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Maybe I missed something, but they just look like the older STM valves... didn't see anything about using your parts?

it has a chip to override the servo, like the others.

fordpickupman, quite seriously I think on the M7 you'd be really surprised to see how much better your bottom end could be. The only sled I'd run deletes on ever is the 1000, one of mine they were pretty decent on, the other they were pretty bad. They also make your sled loud as SH** at low RPM which sucks in the parking lot or just in general near other folks.

It says unless i m reading wrong that they need your valves for there billit assembly sorry if im mis reading something there. the stm valves i bought came complete with the valves they did not need any of your parts to modify.
The kit includes your stock valves alterations to fit our billet assembly. The bellows and cover pieces are OEM Ski-Doo parts.

Last edited:
M

mezz250x

Feb 1, 2008
Dassel, MN
Anyone using the new piston style valves? Says they are lubricated via the oiling system....so for those of us with oil pump delete, we cant use them??

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Yes i have the new style and by oiling system i think your meaning the oil in the fuel not a direct line prom the pump. Oh and i have the delete as well. with the piston type valve you will probably need the spring kit as well. of course they send a spring with the set up but most can not use that one so you have to buy there kit OF COURSE.

R
Feb 24, 2009
Gunnison, Co
STM tuning for 07 m1000

does any one have any tuning suggestions for the STM valves for an m1000 for 8-12,000 ft. I have a used set on the way and dont know what springs to get for them. my friend runs skidoo 800 springs in his STM valves on his m7, and STM told me polaris springs fit too. Any ideas? I am also looking for a servo motor delete box from either bdx or stm, if anyone is willing to part with theirs i would be interested!

Premium Features