• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any one run 38" front with stock shocks

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Help an old guy out here, but won't you lose uptravel with the 40 wide shocks on the 38 wide front end whether or not you use the shock spacers?

If you add the spacer or not it makes no difference on where it bottoms, it will bottom sooner than the 40 but the spacer doesn't change that. The spacer only effects how for it extends.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I just want to semi-retract some of what I said on this.I just jacked my sled up (nose) to pull the shocks, and this thing has very little static droop on the garage floor, even with the long shocks on it with narrow front end. (65lbs in shocks) SO under most conditions, it probably DOES have a lot more ski pressure. Long shocks/narrow front end probably does hurt the handling quite a bit, depending on what you do. All my riding now is trails to get to trees/steep/technical, so this is probably not good for me. It rocks on the trail though. I am shortening my shocks today, I will get pics for you guys.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Interesting shocks, I have been into hundreds of shocks, but never a Float. They have a large spring in them, and to some degree extended length is dependant on air pressure. (More pressure, longer they are.)
Sled looks happier with the right shocks.

Premium Features