• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what works for me!

O

OLD SCHOOL

Mar 24, 2008
Alaska
Thanks for sharing your clutching combinations. I mostly ride in Petersville and Johnsons pass, tree riding and hill climbing, do you think the 57 will work for this kind of riding?

Nov 29, 2007
wasifulus alaska
p-vill yes,but im not sure what elavation thompson pass.when we left the road at gun site we were at 3500ft.ran ok there but as we climbed to 6500ft it was lacking in the helix,taking to long to build rpms.take your stock secondary and set it up for altitude.put it on for thompsons pass

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
MDS weights take the most HP out of your sled. Unfortunately that means if you go through the elevation changes you are trying, the real answer is taking some weight out.

Nov 29, 2007
wasifulus alaska
MDS weights take the most HP out of your sled. Unfortunately that means if you go through the elevation changes you are trying, the real answer is taking some weight out.

have you discovered that you dont like the mds wieghts?or are you saying thats were you need to adjust for alt? playing with my secondary,only cause it easy, i can gain or loose rpm with very little adjusting.i really like mds.i can feel alot more pull in the bars.i try not to put alot of faith in the tach.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Best bang for your buck on a Cat fixed pin primary. Won't use anything else.

But the closer you get to perfection in a CVT clutch the more you notice HP loss.

Premium Features