• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kmod vs EZ ryde

E

Einar74

Oct 20, 2009
Iceland
Just wanted to ask, because I haven´t seen a thread with this topic.

It seems that the Kmod is the favorite in the Arctic Cat section on this forum. Many rate it highly like, Wyoboy.

But for exp, Brett Rasmussen uses a EZ ryde on his mod sleds, and has been doing so for many years.

so what is the reason Kmod is more talked about then EZ ryde? both are expensive so I wouldn´t think price is an issue.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
I asked the same question a while back but it was with K MOD and Timbersleds Mountain Tamer. I hope you get the same type of responses. I went with the K MOD. The main reason was the shock choice. The Raptors are sooooo nice. I did get to ride them prior to my decision and they tipped the scale for me. I also don’t know a thing about EZ Ryde so can't help you there. Kevin was and is great to work with at K MOD. I had installation questions at 7:00pm. I emailed him and had an answer right away. Jake at Raptor is the same way.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Cant say enough good about the people behind both K-mod and Raptor. Real stand up guys that care if there customers are happy.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Because cats make the most power on boost and the kmod controls it and puts the control in your ability.
The ezryde helps with ski lift but not as much, it also has to be mounted with brakets where the kmod bolts in, along with easy adjustments on the kmod and the EZ at times requires different mounting point.
Racers (RMHA) like the EZ, does the job,
backcountry riders and big power riders like the kmod.
Not only does the kmod help with power it is designed to get the sled on the snow quicker and it does, it also lets you get away with far more when sidehilling. A washout is easily recovered compared to stock.

The Raptors, they speak for them self also, it takes a little getting used to and understanding how to adjust the skid for your style but once you do the shocks make it really easy to get more out of it. A few turns here and there and adjust the clicker a little and your good to go weather you want a cadilac ride or want to go air born. I'm loving it and still learning how to dial it in.

The KMOD is also new, I would be surprised to see some of these big names switching over once they figure it out.

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
IDK I love the ride of my ezryde with my big power it seems to work awesome with the boost and ski lift. I think ezryde is the best so far just because of it's ability to twist when you hit bumps. I've never had to relocate the mounting holes. Ezryde comes fully assembled and set up for you when you buy it and only takes about an hour to install. also the approach angle is awesome it really does help if your hitting bumps in a hill climb or side hill its really flat so it wont push your front end up when you hit a bump.

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
I haven't bent any yet and I've bent 2 sets of stock rails if that says anything. I ride allot harder with my ezryde just cause I know its not going to through me off my sled if i hit a bump.

S

SHOP!

Apr 21, 2011
MT. baker
It seems to hold my pro climb 1200 turbo down allot better then the stock skid. I think if it was adjusted wrong it would wheelie allot but so will any other skid.

C

Cat Bandit

Mar 4, 2009
what about strength? they use a different style of rails don´t they?

if i remember correctly, ice age makes the rails for the kmod, and the ezryde. I may be wrong about the ezryde, because it doesn't say on the website... anyway, they are both good skids...

W
Sep 23, 2008
Morgan, Utah
I have owned both.....

EZ ryde works great..... I did break this suspension a few times...And my track walked out of my suspension a few times because I like to run my track a little loose..... But it is a great product and rides like a dream down the trail and soaks up the bumps very nicely.

The K MOD is the skid that is very best for me and my style. It has an amazing amount of adjustability and can be set up for any riding style.... I have not broken this suspension either....And it has taken some serious abuse..This sucker is tough.. Most of the other suspensions that are on the market that will give you what the KMOD will are at least 5k.... You can not beat what KMOD gives you for the deal and quality of product....Kevin does not cut any corners... Thats hard to find these days...

If you are undecided just go watch Kevin's M1200 Turbo fly up the hill at 100+ miles per hour and he just sits on the seat the entire way up the hill...Thing is crazy smooth over the bumps and keeps insane power manageable/ridable....

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I'm not a big time climber, more of a in the trees on a steep sidehill at full throttle moving 0.?? mph and still having the ability to turn out and fall into a sidehill. Or hit a steep lip and stay in control, or beat the humps and bumps. The kmod works for me.

I am working on getting some video but I have to learn how to get the right angle to show just what is going on.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I've never rode either so i can't say anything about performance but i got a couple buddies with the ez on there iq rmks and there tracks have derailed many times. they're now running there tracks super tight, you could probably play'm like a guitar, to try and prevent the derailing. I'd think that would be hard on bearings and such and is enough to make me think twice.

C

Cat Bandit

Mar 4, 2009
I've never rode either so i can't say anything about performance but i got a couple buddies with the ez on there iq rmks and there tracks have derailed many times. they're now running there tracks super tight, you could probably play'm like a guitar, to try and prevent the derailing. I'd think that would be hard on bearings and such and is enough to make me think twice.

I've ridden, and installed several ezrydes, and it says in the instructions to run it with I think 20 lbs to pull half an inch in the middle of the skid. It is pretty tight, but that's what it needs to work correctly, and albeit not derail the track. I've yet to ride anything that is better in the bumps, although I haven't ridden everything, it was incredible! But it was too planted with the way we set it up for me. Didn't transfer hardly any, and I like some ski lift... We just set it up the way it said in the instructions. I didn't really like it cause its not just a bolt on skid like the kmod, and timbersled. For me that's a huge drawback imo.

Premium Features