• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

04 1m vs 04 King

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Fellas,

Could use a little help from the experts... is there any real difference between an 04 900 1m EFI and an 04 King? Besides the obvious (color, carbs, etc?) I mean physically with the sled? the 1m has a 159..the kings I know had 162. Does the 04 1m have the dropped and rolled chain case? What about suspension set up? any info would be great guys. Thanks for the help!

Burck:beer;:beer;

P
Jan 15, 2005
ND
The drop and roll is the same on both. Exact same sled, but the king has TI springs and a longer tunnel for the 162. The 1M has 2.52 drivers and the king has 3.0 drivers.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Believe it or not the rails are different also, You would think that a 159 and a 162 could fit on the same rails but thats not the case. I own one of each and the rails on the king are a tiny bit longer then the rails on me mountain cat 159. Its now a 162 but I had to do a big wheel kit to make it fit and I am ALL the way out on my adjustments, hope the track doesnt strech anymore. There are differnces inthe electrical also, if you are comparing a EFI Mountain cat to the king. The stator and voltage regulator are different, but thats the case with any EFI VS. CARB sled.

Premium Features