• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need 2005 King Cat Help!!!!

S

Spud

Mar 5, 2003
Lewistown,MT-USA
a buddy of mine has a 2005 King Cat which for the last year off & on has had these problems. The warning indicator light flashes 6 Times, I guess that points towards a servo-powervlave problem he says, but has tried about everything from replacing a stator, servo-motor and a few other items. This happens and he will shut it down and fire back up and run ok from a couple minutes to maybe couple hours. Cannot seem to figure it out, HELP!!!!

B
Dec 14, 2007
Wasilla
I have an 06 King that had the EXACT same problem. I had mine in the shop under warranty and they replaced every electronic component on the sled!!! ECU, power valve motor, stator, e.t.c. Still nothing. Arctic cat tech support told them to start tracing wires in the harness. Sure enough they found two broken wires that would make intermittent contact. They replaced the harness and it fixed it. I was told that cat knows they have harness problems with the King cat's. I would start ohming out the wiring harness while moving the wires around. I'll bet you'll find the prob.. Hope this helps.:beer;

What is he adjusting the valves too? The owners manual is wrong, set then at 38.5 mm and if that don't work he can always use a power valve delete kit. There is also company that makes a ski doo style power valve for around $450.00. Do a search and you should be able to come up with the name of the company I think it is Supreme Tool and Machine, but I could be wrong. I edited the name I had it wrong, I put a link on my next post. I'll check my wiring harness too maybe I can catch it before it causes problems.

Last edited:
S

Spud

Mar 5, 2003
Lewistown,MT-USA
bad kitty, I just talked to the owner and he says that the wiring harness is about the ONLY thing they have not replaced. They are going to check that in the morning. Thank You!

Needspeed, I have no idea but will find out and pass it on...the kits I have seen cost a couple hundred more so will check them out!
Thanks also!

Premium Features