• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 M7 Over heating

W
Nov 26, 2007
St. Cloud, MN
Not sure what the problem is. It ran fine all last year and the only changes i made to it was a boss seat, water temp guage, Snow eliminators. Prettys sure i blead the coolent good and i have 200 miles on it this year. Any Tricks? I ordered a crossfire cooler for it see if that helps. It would over heat about every couple miles. I could clear teh cooler and it would cool down then over heat again. Tried adding feul and it helped a little but still over heated. Droped my egt's 200 degrees but check engine light. Any Ideas or shoudl i just drain the coolent and bleed again. Also once i was in the deep snow it would run 120 all day but the trail i was seeing up to 175. Also the trails were not hard pack and i run scratchers.

Performance Mods=
Speedwerx pipe and can
3 deg timing key
v-force reeds
Boondocker controler

W

woodies

dealer told me to lift front end of sled higher than back leave cap off res.let run till coolant feels hot that should get rid of any air

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
dealer told me to lift front end of sled higher than back leave cap off res.let run till coolant feels hot that should get rid of any air

ya i just filled mine till it wouldnt take no more than just filled it as it idled and warmed up. then when it wont take no more again put he cap on and rock sled allround while idling to move any air bubbles. that should about do it.

HELLCAT7

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Central Colorado
I Would Check The Coolant Bottle. What A Cheesy Set Up. The Bottle Will Warp A Little Bit Where The Cap Is Placed On Making It Oblong. Or The Metal Cap Will Wear Away At The Plastic Bottle Enough To Not Let It Seal Completely. If You Are Losing Pressure I Would Imagine The Coolant Is Trying To Boil And Making An Overheat Condition. Mabey You Just Didn't Bleed It Good Enough But If You Put On 200 Miles Already, You Would Have Seen The Air Problem Right Away. Check &/or/upgrade/replace You Coolant Bottle And Cap...

Premium Features