• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02' rmk 700 144" or 03' mountian cat 800 151"

P
Dec 29, 2016
Well, i have found my way back to this site. I was a junior in high school the last time i was a member on here. Long story short i recently got back into my passion for snowmobiling i once had in my younger days..and i guess i came here looking for some help on making a decision on which sled i should buy..lookin for some pros and cons between the two and some of your guys opinions...so, its between a 2002 polaris 700 rmk 144" and a 2003 arctic cat mountain cat 800 151" the polaris is $1000 and the cat is $1500..the polaris needs a seat cover windsield..and the cat is good to go..idk why but i kinda leaning toward the polaris because ive heard that that body style arctic cat had problems with the frame cracking under the motor or something?? Idk..i appreciate any advice on and your opinions..thanks

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
How many miles on each sled? Both motors are solid, the RMK is a solid sled over all but would be nice if it had a longer track on it. The cat does have several issues, lots of wiring / electrical problems on those sleds, and that was when they were only a few years old. I do also remember some cracked bulkhead issues but I'm thats been too many years ago.
You can get parts really cheap for the RMK, lots of those sleds around. I'm sure you could find a longer track too for cheap if you need to, depending on what your looking to do with the sled. Eric

B

Bcorn

Dec 29, 2013
South shore Lake Superior
Good choice those motors are known for there longevity.My daughter is riding my 01 700 with a 144 with 4000 and some change miles.I did raise the jet spring one notch to keep it from leaning out in the midrange .

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
We have two of those 700 RMK Edges, both 151" and love em.

My wifes has electric start and reverse and always runs impeccably.

The other one is a back up / family use sled.

These sleds are like anvils...you cant kill em!

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I'd go Cat all the way, the 02 poo's had to have the hardest steering ever invented, the Cat will spank it in every condition. The big twin 800 is bullet proof.

Last edited:
Premium Features