• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Timbersled Sprockets/Gearing Config?

L
Dec 24, 2014
Wondering what size sprocket people are running for countershaft sprocket and jackhub? I'm running an 06 CRF and my fit kit comes with a 13 for countershaft and I think 17's for jackhub and gearbox. I'm worried the bike will be geared to high. I had a 2moto kit on earlier this year and I hardly ever shifted higher than 2nd and when climbing in steep areas 2nd would bog down.(That was with a 13 up front) What's everybody running? Is a 12 up front to low?

B

Blaser

Feb 24, 2004
Idaho
www.2moto.com
Wondering what size sprocket people are running for countershaft sprocket and jackhub? I'm running an 06 CRF and my fit kit comes with a 13 for countershaft and I think 17's for jackhub and gearbox. I'm worried the bike will be geared to high. I had a 2moto kit on earlier this year and I hardly ever shifted higher than 2nd and when climbing in steep areas 2nd would bog down.(That was with a 13 up front) What's everybody running? Is a 12 up front to low?

The Timbersled is geared very different from the 2Moto. Ride it and see how it runs in your snow, your area, and with your weight.
The goal with the primary chain is proper tension- start with the recommended setup and if your chain tension is right don't change it. If you want to re-gear, we made it simpler to go up or down by putting a 16t in the upper or lower position in the chaincase. That should be all that's necessary to accommodate bigger or smaller engines.
Blaser

N

Northwestguy

Apr 1, 2010
Panhandle NID
Blaser,
2014 KTM 450XCF 2015 TS kit with 2016 convex track and TSS gearing: 13 17 17 17
I have added a spring tensioner, but still have very small ammount of chain on frame rub.
I'd like to gear up slightly by going 14 tooth on counter shaft while gaining a slight clearance advantage around the frame.
What are your thoughts on this as you recommend changing one of the 17's in the chaincase to a 16?
Thanks in advance.

Premium Features