• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Proclimb Skid shocks in an M Series skid (09 M1000)

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
Hi,

Does anyone know if I can straight up replace the shocks from a proclimb skid into an 09 M1000 skid?

The reason being my M1000 rear suspension sags quite a bit and I don't want to have to spend money rebuilding the shocks. I have a proclimb skid just sitting here I am having trouble selling I might just part it out.

Thanks

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Shock length is the same...

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can straight up replace the shocks from a proclimb skid into an 09 M1000 skid?

The reason being my M1000 rear suspension sags quite a bit and I don't want to have to spend money rebuilding the shocks. I have a proclimb skid just sitting here I am having trouble selling I might just part it out.

Thanks
The shock length is the same (I did the reverse, putting EXIT's from my M-series into my 2013 Proclimb), but the valving is significantly different internally. If your just putting in the stock Float, the air spring shouldn't be a big issue,but the coilovers will be too stiff in the M-chassis, with a much slower rebound.

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
The shock length is the same (I did the reverse, putting EXIT's from my M-series into my 2013 Proclimb), but the valving is significantly different internally. If your just putting in the stock Float, the air spring shouldn't be a big issue,but the coilovers will be too stiff in the M-chassis, with a much slower rebound.

I take it the "coilovers" you speak of is the front shock? ie the shock with the "coil" spring over the rest of the shock.

Does anyone know which shock is usually the one that causes sagging in the rear suspension setup of the M series?

Premium Features