• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

raw chassis ?

j96simmons

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2013
Lovell Maine
Hi guys ...

Can someone explain what is a iq raw chassis ... I keep seeing this but can't figure out what is the difference between them are ... when I google it I just get lots of parts for the raw chassis .

thanks

No answer about this on the hcs forum so I will try here.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
The IQ RAW chassis was introduced in 2007 as a lightened up, streamlined version of the original IQ chassis. In addition to removing the plastic racks and integrated storage compartments that were offered on the original 900 IQ chassis, the RAW received a new 'one piece' tunnel with no kickup at the rear, a more efficient cooling system, and new engine options. A new "Gripper" ski was also introduced which radically improved front end flotation and handling. The IQ RAW is more responsive to rider input than the original IQ due to it's lighter weight and improvements in OEM ski and spindle design (which can be retrofitted onto the early IQ).

The 2007 and 2008 sleds retained some of the features of the original IQ including the belly pan and plastic front bumper, handle bars, controls, and swaybar setup. The 2007 shared the same gas tank and seat, with a newer style support bar at the rear, the 2008 introduced the current style tank and seat design that is still used on the PRO sleds, as well as new spindle geometry. The 'small block' engines introduced in 2007 and 2008 have a shorter stroke than previous years which allows the engines to spin-up faster which also improves responsiveness and handling.

The 2009 and 2010 are the more desirable years of the IQ RAW as they offer the most refinements across the board. In '09 a new belly pan design that was lighter and smaller, with an aluminum front bumper was introduced. Also in '09, new Pro-taper bars and controls as well as a lighter sway-bar were introduced on the Dragon models which gave the sled a cleaner look. Power output from the various 2007-2010 engines remained about the same with several updates on the later model 800s. The '08-'10 800s need some work to be considered reliable. The 600 and 700 engines changed very little during this time and are generally considered very reliable units.

T

TrailRebel

Feb 4, 2010
Butler, WI
The 2007 shared the same gas tank and seat

Actually, the 07 models were completely different. They were similar to the 05-06, but are a few inches taller and held more fuel(a little more than a gallon). The steering hoop is also more of a hybrid between the rider select style hoop and what the newer (08+) hoops.

Tap'd from my N7

Premium Features