• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NyPro project

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Way cool man, congrats!

But are you sure you want to run those glued a-arms with the added weight up front...?

RS
I definelty see your point, but the 30 lbs added to this sled got moved back and lowered, so there is more weight over the strong points on this sled and took weight off the front end… If someone wants to donate some A arms I would be more then happy to install them but at this point this sled has me tapped for the moment and going to give the stock ones a run since I have not seen an issue with these yet.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Here ya go boys and girls, eat your hearts out! Let the opinions begin…
Put on scale with coolant full, oil filled and 2 gallons of gas weighed in at 478lbs..

Seat is not done, waiting for material to show up and wrap it..

IMG_0246.jpg IMG_0247.jpg IMG_0250.jpg IMG_0251.jpg IMG_0252.jpg IMG_0254.jpg IMG_0253.jpg

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Looking good ! any pics of the exhaust ?
I would have secured the glued parts on the a-arms with a bolt and nut.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
I like it. What are you doing for filters?

K&N filters with pre filter socks, I have 90deg. Boots that point them straight down. Using race specialties crankcase filters for breather tubes. Also making a little bracket for relays so they won't be zip tied to over structure.

Can not download sound clip as I took it with Iphone, YouTube won't recognize it. If anyone wants to hear it send me pm with email ill send you clip.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Smashing!!!
How about more pics - especially the routing of the exhaust.

Love the nytro motor just needs to be fitted in a proper chassis. 478 lbs sounds pretty decent without going to extremes. I bet that this sled is balanced way better that the best modd'd nytros for a fraction of the cost!

MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Smashing!!!
How about more pics - especially the routing of the exhaust.

Love the nytro motor just needs to be fitted in a proper chassis. 478 lbs sounds pretty decent without going to extremes. I bet that this sled is balanced way better that the best modd'd nytros for a fraction of the cost!

MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!

The weight blew my mind, we are lighter then cat and skidoo 800 production 2 strokes! The balance point on this sled is spot on. Have had 3 different guys tip it up on edge and they all agreed it felt more centered and easier to put on edge then their 800 Pro's.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
I wish I would of taken pics last weekend, as we were in Togwotee but was to busy having fun!! I have ridden it 3 times now have over 100 miles on it.. This sled is soo much fun in the trees on steep slopes. As for race down a meadow or up a small hill this sled runs bar to bar with a 2014 800 pro with power addiction head and clutch work. Have had zero issues so far, turn key and ride :face-icon-small-coo
We are leaving for a week the day after Christmas to ride with Burandt and also a couple days in steamboat so hopefully will have some great pics and a couple videos!

fgauvin7

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2012
Hi, incredible project!

I'm just curious, do you have reverse with your belt set-up?

Thanks

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Hi, incredible project!

I'm just curious, do you have reverse with your belt set-up?

Thanks

No reverse on this sled, as for belt drive I highly, highly recommend CMX setup it is second to none, fit finish is perfect and it's bullet proof! Had a couple strangers ride it last week in Tog, and they said it is a awesome sled, it was a great feeling with all the time and effort my wife, kid, and friends put into this build! So glad it runs the way it does I'll try and post some updated pics tonight if I get off at a decent time we may also go to big horns if I'm not working Sunday I'll try to get some footage then for you guys! If you see it out and about stop by I'll let you try it out, it also is featured in SledHeads magazine!

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Here are a few pics of the small updates I did..
Installed a fuel regulator with gauge
Roll over valve on outside panel so its easy to access
Air/fuel gauge to dial it in
you can see the K&N filters with pre filters on it
Hooked up a load resistor for head light delete and other take offs, its mounted on the clutch guard
And yes a few pics of exhaust, don’t poke fun at welds..haha all that matters is it works really well!!

IMG_0720.jpg IMG_0721.jpg IMG_0725.jpg IMG_0723.jpg IMG_0716.jpg

Last edited:

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Do you think you are loosing power at all because of that exhaust? It looks half the diameter of the stock stuff... This is an awesome build!

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Do you think you are loosing power at all because of that exhaust? It looks half the diameter of the stock stuff... This is an awesome build!

It does everything but loose power! It runs spot on, exhaust is same inside diameter as stock so really nothing changed other then header design, and that configuration works! If anything it feels a lot stronger, would like to see dyno results but no access to one

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Put the Nypro on the scale full of fluids and half a tank of gas! 513lbs she tipped scale at, a stock XM with less fuel in tank weighed 506lbs and 2012 pro 800 weighed 498lbs with same amount of fuel as my sled..

IMG_2379.jpg IMG951090.jpg

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
wow great work wish somebody at yammi would look at it & see what really can be done with a 4 stroke.:face-icon-small-coo

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Ya and I can shave 10-15 more lbs by deleting counterbalance so we will be right there with a stock belt drive pro, not sure how it can get any better then that other than throwing titanium at it and carbon fiber parts!!! Love this sled and it's such a blast to ride! Be taking it down to Burandts next week so hopefully he appreciates it when he sees it?

Premium Features