• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thinking about buying a new Yamaha VMAX for the summer

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
Nothing at all wrong with it.
But the cruiser just doesn't do anything for me yet.
judge_p3.jpg

and you would be riding a polaris too.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
This winter just kinda SUCKED.
Came late, left early.
Darn near 60 degrees today
Snow is GONE.
What is left is already turning to MASHED POTATOES in the mountains.
Just sad.

Need a alternate toy for the warm months.
you might consider living not in a desert if you want to enjoy winter more;)

insane depth up in the big sky canyon north of IP/WEST. last weekend was some of my deepest days of the year.

winters got a few months left to go around here!

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
I/m really surprised the Vmax doesn't have a 6 speed

the 5 speed really hinders that bikes capabilities, the motor is awesome but it looks so strange, the exhaust has got to go. it's awfully heavy at 684 lbs.
I doubt you will ever do a wheelie on that thing. not much more exciting than doing a wheelie at 100 plus down the Highway. but my Driving record thanks me for selling my R1. it spooks you when you pass a few cars and look down and you are doing 160. but I really Miss my Dyna Wide glide even though it would top out at 114. my wife loved about 3700 RPM. best $15,000 Vibrator ever. HA HA. Darn it Chris you are making me wish I had the $$ to buy a Motorcycle.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Vmax is by far the sexiest bike to hit the pavement. You can keep your Harleys . I had a FZ1 and they are next in line to a vmax in my opinion.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
the 5 speed really hinders that bikes capabilities, the motor is awesome but it looks so strange, the exhaust has got to go. it's awfully heavy at 684 lbs.
I doubt you will ever do a wheelie on that thing. not much more exciting than doing a wheelie at 100 plus down the Highway. but my Driving record thanks me for selling my R1. it spooks you when you pass a few cars and look down and you are doing 160. but I really Miss my Dyna Wide glide even though it would top out at 114. my wife loved about 3700 RPM. best $15,000 Vibrator ever. HA HA. Darn it Chris you are making me wish I had the $$ to buy a Motorcycle.

While its been a few years since my last VMAX, I have VERY FOND memories of this bike. And for the life of me I do NOT remember the 5 speed "Hindering" anything about this beast.

You twist the grip on this bad boy and hand on for dear life and it ROCKETS you forward!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Vmax is by far the sexiest bike to hit the pavement. You can keep your Harleys . I had a FZ1 and they are next in line to a vmax in my opinion.
Agreed,
The only thing that has to go on the stock bike is the exhaust pipe.
The after market pipes LOOK and SOUND so much better!

R

Ridgeback71

Nov 18, 2013
Liberty Lake WA
Christopher,

Penco in kalispell had a 2011 all black with a bunch of mods (Vance and Hines exhaust?) as of last Thursday. Sales guy said he wanted 15K. Think I recall him saying the guy had put 5-10 in upgrades like exhaust, seat, etc.

Heard him pull in from a ride and that is a big cat that can purr. Very good looking bike! Kind of a lost market for that type of category of bike, but still a unique machine that looks like sooooo much fun to ride.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
100% permagrin. The more you Twist the throttle the bigger your smile gets

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
my birthday was the 30th of may and I picked up a new WR250R. It is a small dual sport, but it is going to be perfect for riding to work and hitting the occasional single track.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
my birthday was the 30th of may and I picked up a new WR250R. It is a small dual sport, but it is going to be perfect for riding to work and hitting the occasional single track.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Good for you.
I have kept looking for a DEAL on a new VMAX and there are very few good deals to be had..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ahhh
Back in the day.
I remember being about 14 in So. Call, back in say 1976?
Had a 49cc Puch Moped before California changed the laws and made a driver's license required to drive them on the roads.

Those were the days...

red_maxi_05.jpg

Premium Features