• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KMS KTM Turbo Build

cr500afx

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2008
So how many $$ are wrapped up in the Turbo Kit???

Kelly (KMS Performance) will do it for $ 5500. Includes Turbo system, clutch lockout, counterhaft support, PC5+Autotune, installation and dyno tuning. An intercooler is extra.
Basically doubles your sea level horsepower. And for us riding at the high altitudes (In Colorado we unload at 10,000 ASL) your looking at almost tripling your horsepower over a standard bike.
He's also doing mail order kits for the KTM, but for the same price he'll do it for you in his shop. All you have to do pay the freight on your bike.
And no, I am not part of or work for KMS.
But I am a very happy customer.

swedenturbo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2009
Sweden
That intercooler will work fine! My IC is a bit oversize. Mostly it's covered in snow.
Are you gonna run stock comp and avgas?
How much boost?
Have looked at the oil feed connection on the engine.
Unfortunately it's not a threded plug with alen key. That plug is probably from the manufacturing the engine when drilling a oil channel. How did you connect the oil feed in this plug?

Last edited:

swedenturbo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2009
Sweden
Ok, thats sounds good. I was a little worried boosting 10 lbs with stock comp, we're on the limit I think. Detonation is not good. I'm running Sunoco 102 and that fuel is pretty close to Avgas. If KMS have good experience with that kind of boost at stock compression its promising on reliability.

Premium Features