• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 New Changes for Yamaha?

C
Jan 29, 2008
So I know we're a far ways out but I've heard/read some stuff that stated Yamaha is doing a whole new chassis/engine in 2014. Any truth to this or is it all B.S.?

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
Nobody knows for sure yet. A lot of speculation.

It seems like every year this talk starts but usually not until February. Wonder why so early this year. I blame it on Christopher for getting the ball rolling before we even had snow to ride on:)

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
what i was told:

-should be a brand new chassis for 2014.

-will only be a trail version for first year.

-will have a tweaked nytro motor.

don't know if its accurate, but its what i was told

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Also the rumor is that they have been very buddy buddy with A/C lately....

yamaha /honda/suzuki/kawasaki...etc etc...all the Japanese manufacturers do have a history of stepping into a spot that the other leaves to prevent a re-association...

so Suzuki is a engine with limited future in Cat...so Yamaha and Cat may very well cozy up..

And that leaves Suzuki free as well to enter the Polaris market..??

Could be an interesting future....win win win...

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
I've talked to a few people that are very close to yamaha and they've said yes to this. They would not however give any info on what this partnership is going to be. Some speculation is a/c going to build chassis for yamaha's mountain sleds and in return a/c gets to use yamaha's 4stroke technology. The only thing I could get out of this person is watch very closely for 2014/2015, he said its going to be VERY interesting. I know for me I'm hoping some of this is true... Would like to be able to boost a sled and not have to put 4k into suspension & track so it'll climb right. As for now we can only watch.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
And that leaves Suzuki free as well to enter the Polaris market..??

I had a 2011 M8 and now have a 2012 Polaris. I would love to see that engine in the pro chassis, I just don't think it is a possible reality.

I wonder what the goal for a new chassis from Yamaha would be. It seems that the mountain segment is driving new chassis and features for Polaris and Ski Doo that benefits their entire lineup. If the new chassis form Japan is trail only, I question what innovation they have in store for the mountain segment.

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
If Chris Brown does, I don't think it would be first year as a short tracker.

To progress their presence in the mountain west market, lets hope the likes of their pro athletes as well as the hill climb team play a big role in the development of a MOUNTAIN SPECIFIC chassis. Placing long tracks on trail sleds doesn't win sales any longer.

L

luckyjones

Oct 21, 2009
south dakota
sorry to say but if yamahas new chassis has anything to do with AC im out. ill ride a poo instead. i just wish yamaha would come up with a lighter chassis for the boosted nytro motor and then theyd have something. and yes i know all the stuff going on with polaris but our local dealer stands behind his product and makes stuff happen if things go wrong. i dont have a local yamaha dealer anymore, although this sled just runs and has never needed to see the dealer...
id rather have a boosted nytro motor in a pro chassis and think thats what ill do next year beings this years done for me.

Last edited:

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I see Yamaha and cat merging both companies are clearing out 13 inventory. I don't think cat has deep enough pockets to keep up with rd on a new 2 stroke. Cats a small company and never built engines i dont see them starting.Yamaha wants to be able to sell sidebyside without getting sued. Where are the Yamaha sleds assembled they were put together in Wisconsin last I knew but I have not kept up with Yamaha since they went 4 stroke.

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
I've talked to a few people that are very close to yamaha and they've said yes to this. They would not however give any info on what this partnership is going to be. Some speculation is a/c going to build chassis for yamaha's mountain sleds and in return a/c gets to use yamaha's 4stroke technology. The only thing I could get out of this person is watch very closely for 2014/2015, he said its going to be VERY interesting. I know for me I'm hoping some of this is true... Would like to be able to boost a sled and not have to put 4k into suspension & track so it'll climb right. As for now we can only watch.

I sure hope this person telling you this information is a Yamaha rep.

H
Oct 7, 2010
it HAS to be a REP getting the above info stated cause dealers dont get ANY information more than we do until a week before unveil..

i know this because im good friends with the owner of D&D racing and the head mechanic as well.. they dont get info on either of the brands until about a week before unveil.. they carry YAMAHA and AC now, and they havent heard anything about the merger, although Dan (owner) would like for it to happen as well

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
From Ty4stroke:The wife went to the local dealer to get some cloths to put under the tree for me and they were all but sold out and the dealer said good luck getting any of the old stuff yamaha is changing everything for 2014. new logo new sled the whole nine yards has anyone else heard this rumor? personaly I hate thease threads that go on for ever but cant help but ask when it comes from the dealer.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
doesn't arctic cat already make the chassis for the yamaha 120 and yamaha makes the engine in the arctic cat 120...

Premium Features