• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dealer reaction to the 2013 summit.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
A few comments here:

If its so effortless to ride, why are all these guys huffing and puffing so hard!!? Ha ha.

I still see the sled doing the same things it always has struggle with - turning uphill on its own, and bouncing hard and trying to flatten out when hitting obstacles in a sidehill. Notice it bucking hard 0:11 and turning uphill on its own at 0:38.

Clearly i'm more interested in this sled than i thought i was at first. I keep coming back to check it out. Hmmmm. I'd sure like to ride it though. When is the demo tour?

noticed the same things,need to ride this thing:face-icon-small-hap

S

snopro176

Nov 27, 2007
Yuba City,CA
why is it that part of me is hoping this isnt as good as they say haha.

because you just got your new front end today haha. I HATED the vertical steering of the pros and m's at first but now im not sure you can boondock better without it?? I have a feeling we will all have those tracks on our sleds in a year or two..

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
snopro176;2997334I have a feeling we will all have those tracks on our sleds in a year or two..[/QUOTE said:
i hope they hang in there..but that rod does offer strength and durability..hope there is no issues eliminating them

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
Remember boys.....I am an independent and feel lucky to have the chance to ride them all. In the past, I was never as comfortable riding the XP like I was riding the M or the Pro. I can honestly say I am now comfortable and confident on the XM.

I laugh at all the peoples comments who "think" they know how it will work, yet haven't ridden it. I wasn't there with the dealers so I can't say what there ride was like, but mine was a long day. Doo gave us every chance to put them through the paces, and we took it. After the day was over, they asked us to grade the different aspects of the sled. They wanted the good and the bad. They took notes and they listened.

The machine is not a Pro....they don't want it to be. They do want something that takes less effort to ride than the XP, and that is, IMHO what they got. But it still comes down to personal preferance......what works for you as a rider? For my style and preferences, I like the changes......every one of them. Keep in mind that they have a reason for every change they made weather you understand it or not.

I will save my final opinion for next year when I ride all the 2013 models in production form, but I can say the 2013 XM that I rode that day handles better than any Xp I have riden....I enjoyed riding the XM.

Dustin

D

dropitbuster

Nov 28, 2007
Terrace B.C.
These are dealers and journalists making these sleds look like they handle pretty well. They are not experts like Burandt and Rasmusen who could make a fat cow look nimble. My initial opinion of the XM is definitely swaying. The BRP propaganda train is building up a full head of steam. Hope it's not just selective editing.

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Seems like a decent video. Have a few people who ride everything and have a good basis to form an opinion and a few average joe's like the rest of us.

I do have to hand it to Doo..they have made the most out of Facebook/Youtube this go around.

Any of these new Ski-Doo video's remind me of the Air Canada Safety video's..music seems annoyingly similar! :)

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
I told myself when I bought my 09 that I would never go backwards and buy a heavier sled. Guess I'll be riding it a while.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Why can't every dealer in the High country get hold of a couple and have a demo week?

With the price of these things and so many people on the fence I think that demo rides are important.

Personally, I'd like to ride one. For a day and then give an honest opinion of what I thought. Quite frankly, I'm tired of hearing paid riders tout the sleds. Whether it be the PRO, the Cat or the XM. If a paid rider was to say "Yeah, the PRO is great, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it needs this, it lacks this, bla bla bla", then I'm willing to bet that said paid rider is sledless and having to pay out of his pocket for the next sled.

Let the real world riders test it/them. Opinions from guys who have real jobs that keep them from riding everyday. Guys that have to pay the monthly payment for their sled out of their paychecks. Guys that have to argue with the old load about riding on Saturday. Not a guy who gets a dozen new sleds from the Manufacturer every year, not a guy who gets a free sled and all the free mods he can handle every year. Not a guy who is in sled films every year. No offense but these guys have a lot to lose if they speak against whoever is sponsoring them. I am friends with a few riders that headline in the sled films and they are great guys. Sponsored by PROlaris though. What would happen to them if they rode the XM and ended up loving the stock power, they way it handled and climbed, and then they state that they really liked the way the XM responded while riding it? I'll never take the word of a sponsored rider, ever.

I'm a Doo guy. Been that way since I bought my first sled. I have ridden all of them from the old M to the new PRO. I always come back to my XP. If I wasn't allowed to ride an XP, I'd go the the M series chassis. I just don't like the PRO and I cannot explain why, I just don't.

Before you make a decision on whatever sled you blow 14k on, try to find a demo. Ride them and ride them all. I'm calling my dealer today and seeing what he has planned (and he is a POO, DOO and Yammie dealer, makes good money trying to sell all 3) and I can say that as of right now, he's favoring the XM.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
PJ, you mean like Dustin from SLP's test ride?...we have to give it a little time, the insiders will get to see and ride it first. Many demo rides are planned all across the country so we will be hearing all sorts of feedback real soon.
Oh, and that steering post angle is so close to the Poo it's not even funny :face-icon-small-win....you know you want one! :behindsofa:

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
wow looks impressive cant wait to be on one, i just hope this sled does not take some riders where they should be... we seen sh!t shows like this in the past, take off 30 lbs quick and this will be the nimblest sled out there

you poo guys, is their not something you could be doing to your sled, rather than leaving your nonsense comments here... common mods clean this crap up...

Fredw - why are you such a D? My comment above was just noting what i saw in the video and then noting that i'd sure love to ride one of these new XMs. Why would you give negative rep for that? I'm even a Doo rider, so you should be giving me a lap dance in your Ski Doo chaps, not bad reps. :face-icon-small-sho

Last edited:
J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
Why can't every dealer in the High country get hold of a couple and have a demo week?

With the price of these things and so many people on the fence I think that demo rides are important.

Personally, I'd like to ride one. For a day and then give an honest opinion of what I thought. Quite frankly, I'm tired of hearing paid riders tout the sleds. Whether it be the PRO, the Cat or the XM. If a paid rider was to say "Yeah, the PRO is great, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it needs this, it lacks this, bla bla bla", then I'm willing to bet that said paid rider is sledless and having to pay out of his pocket for the next sled.

Let the real world riders test it/them. Opinions from guys who have real jobs that keep them from riding everyday. Guys that have to pay the monthly payment for their sled out of their paychecks. Guys that have to argue with the old load about riding on Saturday. Not a guy who gets a dozen new sleds from the Manufacturer every year, not a guy who gets a free sled and all the free mods he can handle every year. Not a guy who is in sled films every year. No offense but these guys have a lot to lose if they speak against whoever is sponsoring them. I am friends with a few riders that headline in the sled films and they are great guys. Sponsored by PROlaris though. What would happen to them if they rode the XM and ended up loving the stock power, they way it handled and climbed, and then they state that they really liked the way the XM responded while riding it? I'll never take the word of a sponsored rider, ever.

I'm a Doo guy. Been that way since I bought my first sled. I have ridden all of them from the old M to the new PRO. I always come back to my XP. If I wasn't allowed to ride an XP, I'd go the the M series chassis. I just don't like the PRO and I cannot explain why, I just don't.

Before you make a decision on whatever sled you blow 14k on, try to find a demo. Ride them and ride them all. I'm calling my dealer today and seeing what he has planned (and he is a POO, DOO and Yammie dealer, makes good money trying to sell all 3) and I can say that as of right now, he's favoring the XM.

PJ- they just announced that they picked up the 13 Doo's and are bringing them along on the VIP Demo Tour.

Guess who will be participating in one of those rides? ME, regular old joe that has an extreme passion for sledding. The exact person that you described above.

I signed up, was accepted, and the end of March I will put all opinions to rest for myself. I am as regular as they come and excited as heck to be able to try for myself and report.

1 month and 6 days and counting.......:face-icon-small-hap

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
PJ- they just announced that they picked up the 13 Doo's and are bringing them along on the VIP Demo Tour.

Guess who will be participating in one of those rides? ME, regular old joe that has an extreme passion for sledding. The exact person that you described above.

I signed up, was accepted, and the end of March I will put all opinions to rest for myself. I am as regular as they come and excited as heck to be able to try for myself and report.

1 month and 6 days and counting.......:face-icon-small-hap

where do you find this sign up at?

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
I have not heard a negative report from anyone that has ridden one....only from people that have not ridden the XM.

That's because the only people that have ridden them have something to gain by liking them (no offense Dustin!!!). :behindsofa:

By the way Brew, i really want to like the XM.

T

teamthunderf**ked

Jan 11, 2009
cherry point ab
all these guys r talking about is how well they side hill and can throw them around, which is great but they should have invited some one down that was gonna push them up some steep sh*t and make some coments, because when it comes down to any of us sirious mt riders thats are number one concern. my 2 cents anyhow,kinda felt like I was watching a video of a bunch of my buddies that ride pros talk about how there sleds can handle so well(great sask is east have fun)

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
where do you find this sign up at?

Skidoo sent out cards to select people who could call the number and take a demo tour on the 12's, I scheduled mine for Mar 28 by Logan UT. The only reason I did it was I was hoping Doo had something new for the 13 model and that I would have a chance to try it out. I figured they would have 13's there by then and I could try them out instead of the 12's. So I can't pass judgement on them til the end of Mar and I can see for myself how the new Doo compares to the Pro, which I have been on for the past two winters.

:face-icon-small-hap

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
Skidoo sent out cards to select people who could call the number and take a demo tour on the 12's, I scheduled mine for Mar 28 by Logan UT. The only reason I did it was I was hoping Doo had something new for the 13 model and that I would have a chance to try it out. I figured they would have 13's there by then and I could try them out instead of the 12's. So I can't pass judgement on them til the end of Mar and I can see for myself how the new Doo compares to the Pro, which I have been on for the past two winters.

:face-icon-small-hap

Tree Boss- I am on Wed. the 28th as well. 9AM. Are you on that morning ride as well?

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
That's because the only people that have ridden them have something to gain by liking them (no offense Dustin!!!). :behindsofa:

By the way Brew, i really want to like the XM.

Sorry, but your wrong. I have nothing to gain....... I was given a cool opportunity that anyone would have taken. I simply shared a short opinion as I thought it may be beneficial to some. If people can't recognize that, I wont make the mistake again.

Premium Features