• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What could Doo put out to top the '13 RMK!?!

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Ok, everyone I have spoken to (dealers and the Ski-Doo demo crew in IP last week) have told me this is going to be the year of the Doo, hands-down. With that in mind, and seeing what the Pro RMk is offering for '13, what could Ski-Doo possibly unveil that will take back the market? I am not seeing it, unless:

1. It comes in around 430 lbs. dry
2. Vertical steering post
3. TEAM Clutching??

If those three things happen and they keep the 800 ETEC the way it is, Ski-Doo could very well be on its way back to the top. Cat will be a distant 3rd....

However, who is going to try a 1st year DOO after their '08 intro and seeing how many recalls Cat had this year on their 1st year platform??

Lots of questions, no answers for a few weeks...

Can't wait!!!

Joe

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
I'd be ok with that. I would LOVE a refined XP chassis. Think about it, the original M chassis lost probably close to 40 lbs. over its existence, the Pro chassis just lost 14-15 lbs., the XP gained some weight but I'm sure they could knock some off!!

I'd be much more likely to buy a "refined" XP with narrower plastic, a vertical post, maybe some different clutching and about a 25 lb. diet.

I think they'd have a sweet sled.

Joe

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
You guys are too easy to please. I think the new XP is going to leap frog the Pro. Ski Doo is going to have to live with this chassis for the next 3-5 years if they change it for 13. I would say 400-425 advertised weight, rider forward chassis with verticle steering, coil over skid( that is such a no brainer, if they keep the torsion springs I am going to shoot at least one person if not all of them, lol), belt drive, real shocks(not the X crap or Freeride crap or even worse the XP super crap), decent running boards, 20HP bump either through displacement or some other trickery. Bring it on!

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
What's really wrong with the 2012 XP? Boondocks awesome, pounds trails awesome, pulls hills like a mofo, rips throw the powder with the best of them. A little clutching and good to go. I just think people want something different when in reality they don't need it.

Dec 21, 2008
I really hope they dont make vertical steering like the cats and poo's, thats what keeps me from riding one and enjoying them.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
What's really wrong with the 2012 XP? Boondocks awesome, pounds trails awesome, pulls hills like a mofo, rips throw the powder with the best of them. A little clutching and good to go. I just think people want something different when in reality they don't need it.

Hmmm its much heavier than a 6 year old design, The chassis is tail-lord more for trail than the mountain.Footwells which can only be used while sitting??They really need to step up the Mountain version if they want to shine.Poo will take the market they way their going. You guys that have been on the XP for years have forgot the value of using your feet and leveraging in the footwells.

I

ice man

Jan 26, 2008
oliver bc canada
2013 xp

herd from a buddy yesterday who buys new ski doo almost every year,bin invited to demo ride invite only,mar 3 near revy,something good:face-icon-small-coohe was told,200 hp, hopeing to tag along,wont be long now we will know

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho

except i walked all over one on multiple trips with different riders on my 2010 m8

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
i woould keep my 08 doo over the 13 poo any day of the week, love the sled, with the tweaks i have done over the years, 145hp is just a joke these days for a 800cc motor, doo was doing that back in 06

poo needed hp and could not find it, doo just needs to fine tune what they have with a better skid, and find 10easy hp in the motor, but i have a good feeling that what is comming will change sledding forever, just like the xp did in 08... new level for poo and kitty to catch up to:face-icon-small-hap

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
I am currently riding an Arctic Cat, but snow checking this spring. I don't have any tattoos, so I don't mind changing brands. Really liking the new Pro. That said, I am quite interested to see what SkiDoo puts out. I am guessing it will be impressive, and I really do hope it is a "revolutionary" release. However, I don't hold much hope for AC to be in close contention. New chassis for 2012 that is heavier than what it replaced, big changes are needed to compete if Doo steps it up again.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
i woould keep my 08 doo over the 13 poo any day of the week, love the sled, with the tweaks i have done over the years, 145hp is just a joke these days for a 800cc motor, doo was doing that back in 06

poo needed hp and could not find it, doo just needs to fine tune what they have with a better skid, and find 10easy hp in the motor, but i have a good feeling that what is comming will change sledding forever, just like the xp did in 08... new level for poo and kitty to catch up to:face-icon-small-hap
really?..poo needed hp...why..they more then keep up right now...odd that with how great your doos are you have to mod the crap out of them to compare to a stock poo... bone stock out of the box the pro is at the minimum competitive, and most will tell you its the better sled...oh..and they just got better by the way....

Premium Features