• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brand Loyalty

Are you moving to Polaris?

• Made the jump last year and loving it.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Made the jump last year and hating life.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Going to move this year if Ski Doo doesn't come out with something revolutionary.

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • You couldn't talk me in to buying a Polaris no matter what Ski Doo comes out with.

Votes: 41 33.6%

• Total voters
T

T Stoke

Nov 28, 2007
Bethlehem, PA
Okay, I have to admit I'm one of the guys that have been watching anxiously as the daily updates are released by Polaris. I made the mistake of telling a buddy that rides a new pro how impressed I was with some of their updates and since then have got nothing but him trying to talk me in to making the switch. He tried giving me all these stats of how many people switched to Polaris last year. As there is no real way to know how many did I thought it'd be interesting to start a poll.

Last edited:
A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I made the switch this year and couldn't be happier. Will see if ski doo makes something to make me go back.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
traders should not be allowed back, or have to pay a premium... i guess they do with their trade in value ...

once doo releases their stuff this year, poo will not be mentioned much

have you seen how many poos their are in revy, the biggest sleding area in the world, wonder why that is... maybe because doo works

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
I'm not brand loyal but imo Polaris isn't that much better than doo to sway me to switch. And I'm riding an 09. My buddy has a new 12 pro and it's a nice sled. I've been lucky I guess and have had really good luck with all my doos and we have a really good dealer. We do not have a Cat dealer or I'd probably consider one over the pro.

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
traders should not be allowed back, or have to pay a premium... i guess they do with their trade in value ...

have you seen how many poos their are in revy, the biggest sleding area in the world, wonder why that is... maybe because doo works

I traded an XP on my Pro last spring and got my butt handed to me on Ski Doo resale. I think the Pro is probably on the high end of sled resale right now.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley

Having seen many of your posts in the past, this one doesn't really surprise me. I have to ask why? Do you own a Ski-Doo dealership, or perhaps a family member? Are you directly involved with them in some capacity? Brand loyalty is absolutely fascinating to me. If Ski-Doo only came out with trail sleds one year, and all the other brands had mountain sleds, would you still ride a Ski Doo? If I am being honest, I would say when I make my decision on a sled it is based on what works best for me, dealer support, and price. What are your criteria?

M
Nov 13, 2008
Loyal

Why wouldn't we be loyal to Doo? I can still see it fresh in my head........ 2008& all the buzz, people standing around the XP like it was a U.f.O.!!!!! How MANY years ago was that, Hmmmmmmm well if my math is right it will have been 5 new sled releases ago and POO is just now getting some mountain attention? Who's the LEADER... Who's the FOLLOWER???? SkiDoo changed the mountain sled game, not just for us Doo riders but for the "Pro's" too. The 2013 XP is going to be a game changer...... AGAIN, so those who can't wait I hope you Doo switch and go check a Pro. The Doo floor will be filled with Pro's next year for all the un-loyal riders or will you keep them because it's what (used to)works?

M
Nov 13, 2008
Oh ya

Ooooooops I forgot the PRO is groundbreaking technology, with the pyramid type frame structure, rider forward positioning, focus on lightweight material and parts. I guess they deserve ALL the credit even if it was built YEARS later. Oh I almost forgot that belt drivy Thingy they invented........ Oh and the running board technology......... Glad to see they're on top of things, maybe my new XP will have a carbon fiber bumper!!!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Ooooooops I forgot the PRO is groundbreaking technology, with the pyramid type frame structure, rider forward positioning, focus on lightweight material and parts. I guess they deserve ALL the credit even if it was built YEARS later. Oh I almost forgot that belt drivy Thingy they invented........ Oh and the running board technology......... Glad to see they're on top of things, maybe my new XP will have a carbon fiber bumper!!!
Yeah your right... the Pro Rmk is a POS and all they did was copy Doo, even though there is absolutely no comparison in the handing or ride. Yes do brought those things to the table, but they did a horrible job of putting them all together and making them work. :face-icon-small-sho

Last edited:

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009

Don't forget the class leading Ski Doo clutch technology

M
Nov 13, 2008
????

They still brought them to the table, it's not hard to copy something and refine it. Never once did I say the Pro was a pos, I actually think it's a damn good sled...... Even with their groundbreaking engine technology and class leading horsepower.

Feb 28, 2009
I can see the thread now my ground breaking blet drive has no way to tension a belt and now the belt streched and is slipping what do I do.

M
Nov 13, 2008
Eewww

That's the repercussion of class leading horsepower and torque. The Pro motor will be an unbelievable 160 some horsepower!!!! I can't believe they got that much h.p. out of a 800c.c. Engine!!!!! The engineering department over at Polaris needs some credit for all this technology they're dropping!!!!! WOW!!!!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
They still brought them to the table, it's not hard to copy something and refine it. Never once did I say the Pro was a pos, I actually think it's a damn good sled...... Even with their groundbreaking engine technology and class leading horsepower.
Laugh at their underpowered motor, its keeping right with the other sleds. Their chassis on the other hand is kickin the chit out of the other sleds.

O and if its not hard to refine something why didnt Doo refine the XP 4 years ago?... Im still waiting for them to refine it to the point where its functional in the trees. And I'm serious when I say I'm waiting, I would love to be back on a Doo, but they just can't make the things handle worth a hoot.

Last edited:
Premium Features